Movember, raising awareness for mens health

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weissy the Calm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Hey GD, not sure if you are aware of this but it is Movember!

Movember (formerly known as November) is a month where like minded men (Mo Bros) start on Movmeber 1st with a clean-shaven face and then for the rest of the month, grow moustaches to raise awareness about the often ignored issues of Mens Health targeting mainly prostate cancer and male mental health (like depression).

Men's health is a serious issue that doesn't get as much publicity as I believe it should. To help remedy this, I have come to the League forums as a messenger to get the word out.

Last year (2011) over 854,000 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas around the world got on board, raising 124 million dollars (AUD) funding programs geared towards the wellbeing of men.

For example:

Programs funded in Australia by Movmeber:
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
beyondblue
Awareness and Education
Global Action Plan

Programs funded in the US by Movmeber:
Prostate Cancer Foundation
LIVESTRONG Foundation
Awareness & Education
Global Action Plan

While Movember started in Melbourne, Australia, it has evolved into a global event. I have come to the League forums to help raise awareness for this cause. If you feel like getting involved, visit the movember website and take a look around, maybe even join up (It

If any gals want to get involved in the movement (without growing a spiffy moustache) read up on Mo Sistas on the movember website and spread awareness for men's health, maybe even coerce a man you know to take on the mantle of a moustache?

For more info, go to www.movember.com and it should redirect you to your countries webpage (i.e au.movember.com, us.movember.com)

I'm off to shave now, stay classy GD,
Weissy the Calm