My thoughts on New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mriswith5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Has any one else noticed their game getting LONGER?

they said part of this change was to make the games in 3s shorter; and they did accomplish that in some instances. The games snowball harder, making it easier to dominate your enemy once you have the upper hand, which can indeed make for shorter games.

but what about those games that DONT snowball? ive had the first 25 min of a game go by without FB, no towers being destroyed, the altars pretty well staying one per team, albeit changing hands. All it came down to was whos champs could farm better; better farm meant better items and sooner, and so that team snowballs and wins (unless they chose terrible builds). But it takes twice as long! ive had these games more than a few times; slow, boring farm fests and when your allies cant keep up in farm because they were counting on kills, or heaven forbid; you choose an assassin instead of a bruiser/ad carry, the game takes FOREVER.

thoughts? comments?

Runix

10-31-2012

I don't know that this has happened to me yet, in the several games I've played. The early altar rush, in particular, almost always seems to generate First Blood, and if not, the early-game roaming will. There just aren't enough minions between the two lanes and the jungle for all three players on both sides to sit and farm, so you get team fights very early on, and snowballing tends to set in by ten minutes in or so.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Haven't had one game not snowball one way or the other yet to agree or disagree.... Only about 40 games in though.

Mriswith5

10-31-2012

ive been playing solo Q since it came out, at LEAST 8-10 games of it a day, and ive had several farm-fests

but i suppose it could just be me; also, dont get me wrong, plenty of skirmish's, just no kills. people who get away with little to no health on both teams, and neither willing to further engage because they dont want to lose FB and let the enemy snowball

Exqzr

10-31-2012

80% of my games seem to end due to a Hyper Snowball. In some of these games the team that is badly losing can still win due to a lucky ace and weak static defenses that can be tanked (even without minions) in about 30 seconds.

Snowball games without surrender last about 25 minutes. But they are not fun win or lose.

The other 20% get "locked" with a very boring cat and mouse over Altar Control. Usually these last bout 45 minutes.

The problem with both is neither victory or defeat is determined by superior game play. It's all about team fights and button mashing.

The new map feel much more like a video fighting game and much less like a RT strategy game.

The Classic map blended these two aspects of LoL nicely.

Bring it back. Let us decide which we want to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith5 View Post
Has any one else noticed their game getting LONGER?

they said part of this change was to make the games in 3s shorter; and they did accomplish that in some instances. The games snowball harder, making it easier to dominate your enemy once you have the upper hand, which can indeed make for shorter games.

but what about those games that DONT snowball? ive had the first 25 min of a game go by without FB, no towers being destroyed, the altars pretty well staying one per team, albeit changing hands. All it came down to was whos champs could farm better; better farm meant better items and sooner, and so that team snowballs and wins (unless they chose terrible builds). But it takes twice as long! ive had these games more than a few times; slow, boring farm fests and when your allies cant keep up in farm because they were counting on kills, or heaven forbid; you choose an assassin instead of a bruiser/ad carry, the game takes FOREVER.

thoughts? comments?