ITT: You guys share your ideas for a champion you would like designed....

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Red Goat

11-03-2012

I'm not sure if it's been done but what about a champ who uses portals as their ability style?
I've already got an idea that one ability could teleport any ally to you or possibly teleport an enemy away.
Also a correction, not portals so much as dimensional control.

Omnifinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Bumping to stockpile ideas!

S3xualPanda

11-06-2012

NEW ADC. make an adc who is like fizz they have 2 gap closers cc and a attack damage or attack speed buff

Omnifinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3xualPanda View Post
NEW ADC. make an adc who is like fizz they have 2 gap closers cc and a attack damage or attack speed buff
2 gap closers is a lot for most champions. I think for an ADC that would be TOO "anti-fun". They would never die.

Omnifinity

11-11-2012

Bump for an edit and as a reminder that I am still available my real life is interfering with my ability to actually sit and design, but things should calm down soon enough.

Omnifinity

11-14-2012

Bump for EDIT 4, sharing Lumin (with link) and current status of the stealth support!

Halagren

11-14-2012

I've always been a fan of griffins and would love to see one. I had tried to write up a concept myself a while back but didn't even post it due to the lack of quality, but maybe you can think of some good ideas. I was leaning more towards the champion being a griffon as opposed to a champion riding a griffin.

As for abilities I was thinking of having an ultimate which allows you to fly for a short period of time. While the ultimate was active melee champs would have a reduced chance to hit (due to the fact you are in the air), your movement speed would be increased, you would not be able to auto attack, and you other abilities would have an additional used.

For the Q I was thinking of an attack which passivly increases armour pen and when activated does increased damage with consecutive hits up to a cap (probably 3). While the ultimate is active you would latch on to an enemy champion and carry it for a few seconds. For the name I was thinking this could have something to do with it's talons.

The w could be a gap closer which ignores unit collision ( you go to them ) and slows the target for short time. While the ultimate is active you use to dash to target location on the ground dealing damage to enemy champions in a a certain radius from the target location. High damage to the champions it directly hits with a half second stun (using its talons again) and a short knock back with minimal damage to champions on the outer edge of the location (knock back with its wings)

I was thinking of a bite attack for the E which is just a high damage ability. While the ultimate is active the cooldown is reduced (to compensate for the lack of auto attacks) and you swoop towards the nearest enemy champ ( within a certain distance) and deal an amount of damage based on how long you have been air born (more damage the longer you have been in the air)

I couldn't think of an appropriate passive ability but I'm sure you could come up with a good one. I also couldn't think of a name but I was thinking it would probably fit best with Demacia.

What do you think?

Omnifinity

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halagren View Post
I've always been a fan of griffins and would love to see one. I had tried to write up a concept myself a while back but didn't even post it due to the lack of quality, but maybe you can think of some good ideas. I was leaning more towards the champion being a griffon as opposed to a champion riding a griffin.

As for abilities I was thinking of having an ultimate which allows you to fly for a short period of time. While the ultimate was active melee champs would have a reduced chance to hit (due to the fact you are in the air), your movement speed would be increased, you would not be able to auto attack, and you other abilities would have an additional used.

For the Q I was thinking of an attack which passivly increases armour pen and when activated does increased damage with consecutive hits up to a cap (probably 3). While the ultimate is active you would latch on to an enemy champion and carry it for a few seconds. For the name I was thinking this could have something to do with it's talons.

The w could be a gap closer which ignores unit collision ( you go to them ) and slows the target for short time. While the ultimate is active you use to dash to target location on the ground dealing damage to enemy champions in a a certain radius from the target location. High damage to the champions it directly hits with a half second stun (using its talons again) and a short knock back with minimal damage to champions on the outer edge of the location (knock back with its wings)

I was thinking of a bite attack for the E which is just a high damage ability. While the ultimate is active the cooldown is reduced (to compensate for the lack of auto attacks) and you swoop towards the nearest enemy champ ( within a certain distance) and deal an amount of damage based on how long you have been air born (more damage the longer you have been in the air)

I couldn't think of an appropriate passive ability but I'm sure you could come up with a good one. I also couldn't think of a name but I was thinking it would probably fit best with Demacia.

What do you think?
I actually quite like this. I believe it has a lot of potential and will be a blast to work with. I'll swap around the abilities and whatnot and potentially replace one of them, but as of right now, I can see synergy with everything that you have laid out.

I'll be sure to keep this updated with my progress as soon as I get started on it. Thanks for your post!

Halagren

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifinity View Post
I actually quite like this. I believe it has a lot of potential and will be a blast to work with. I'll swap around the abilities and whatnot and potentially replace one of them, but as of right now, I can see synergy with everything that you have laid out.

I'll be sure to keep this updated with my progress as soon as I get started on it. Thanks for your post!
Excellent! Looking forward to your design

Ace Trainer Eli

11-14-2012

I've been thinking about posting this concept as a standalone post, but this thread appeals to me.

How about a yordle ADC that uses a slingshot as a weapon?

Passive could have to do with the kinetic nature of slingshot ammunition, possibly making every 5th/7th shot bounce to a nearby target in a similar fashion to double up. Bounce cannot crit, but applies on-hits.

I was thinking his main harrassment would be a skillshot nuke which can bounce off terrain, shot gains missile speed and damage after colliding with said terrain. Rewards player for using the mechanic a la condemn/acceleration gate, etc.

Perhaps a small AoE slow as well, like the champion rolling out a field of ammunition to trip up opponents. Still thinking about how to give him a nice CC without it being a re-hash of another ability or being too strong.

A steroid of some kind would be nice, once again not sure how to make it original and balanced.

Ultimate would be something new; the ability to hop on a teammate's shoulders for a short amount of time. For the duration, he'd get bonus range, a bit of AD, and each shot would raise his passive count by 2 rather than 1. While on a teammate's shoulders, said teammate loses some movement speed, and 50% of any damage that teammate takes while you are on their shoulders is applied to you pre-mitigation, i.e. your teammate's armor and MR still apply normally, but the damage you take would be 50% of the base damage the opponent would deal, minus your OWN resistances. Therefore, hopping into the center of the fray on the shoulders of your very durable initiator wouldn't necessarily be a great idea.

Hopefully this is enough info!

EDIT: Syntax

1234567 ... 8