High level W/L records?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

what are some sample W/L records for people at very high levels of Dom hidden Elo? go ahead and flamboast people

I could have answered this question myself in the jabebot era.. is there still a good place to look this stuff up?

RADIALDISSONANCE

10-31-2012

http://lolmatches.com/top/dominion/na

That will give you an idea. But it's more about your Win% than about your W/L spread. High ELO people are generally 52%+. IMO, the very good players are 55%+.

Koravel

10-31-2012

It's not even necessarily about your W/L% either.

For example, if someone starts out on a major hot streak, then their elo might be really high at, say, a 40-5 record. Then they just hold that 35 game W to L ratio, and remain at high elo, even though its not all that great of a difference once you've played 600 games.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

its hard to tell with w/l as the other people said. I'm decently high, but for example my w/l is only about +45 but yesterday i was matched with painkillar and i think hes at like +220 or something unseemly like that. (though that could have been due to a dearth of people online, as i think thats the first time ive seen him). My win/loss % is about 52.9% so i guess that jives with what radial was saying. Basically you can only tell by looking who you get matched up with and then guesstimating from what the last known lolmatches was, though people's elos (mine included i know) have changed a lot since june.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-31-2012

It doesn't matter at all. I lose so much whenever I solo q because of my team mates and when I win, it's usually because the other team is doing stupid stuff.

For some odd reason ever since they change the match making (or I guess they changed it a few months ago), I get queued with new dom players (may also be because of my inactivity since the release of GW2, but I try to play at least a game a day.)

JasmineChen

10-31-2012

the lolmatches link is helpful as far as it goes (thanks)

where I'm going with this: people still argue with me about whether high level Dom exists. if I can cite a guy who is 1200-600 and some other folks with solid queue W/L it bolsters my case

Sauron

10-31-2012

Flat wins over losses is what most people use because there isn't enough variance in Dominion matchmaking to cause many outliers (varied premades, placement matches, duo smurfing, etc.). W/L ratio tends to converge overtime.

Recycled EU

10-31-2012

I'm at around +200 wins over losses at the minute, wee bit over 57% winrate, and in the high end of dominion elo on EUW, things may be a wee bit different over here of course.

In fairness, one of the better things to use for identifying roughly what elo you're at, with the dissappearance of normal modes elos visibility, is just how often you see the big names, just wait until it's pretty much always the big names, game after game, if they're queueing at similar times, and that's a solid sign of you being at high elo.

BeefJerkyHunter

10-31-2012

I'm at +87 wins over losses for a 55.82% win rate.
I've seen others with much bigger spreads but at lower levels than I am.

Duelpower

10-31-2012

I think the biggest drawback in looking at w/l is that it doesn't account for you winning games that MM expected you to lose. Just like in ranked you would receive much more elo for winning those type of games than if it was against an easy team.

That I believe is why you see some with huge wins over losses but never in high elo games. Also the reason why some with low w/l can consistently be in high level games.