Please explain in detail how the f*** you're supposed to play against Diana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
Don't worry, Zed will probably be counter counter assassin with a 1.5 AD ratio on an offensive ability that gives Armor Magic Resist and stealth when used. He'll counter her nicely.
you forgot that you can Q 3times before it goes on cooldown

junseii

11-01-2012

Karma.

Karma has an easy time with all ap assassins.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-01-2012

What about Galio?
I know he isn't exactly the most favored champion in Dominion, but against an AP and magic damage dependent champion he should fair well, right?

FDru

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Against the tanky version of Diana, on TT, or bot lane, go Darius. She deals sustained damage rather than a large burst, and you can keep stacks of your passive on her and out-trade her, and should crush her past 6.

I know you don't like Darius, but it's an answer.
Yeah, not gonna play Darius. I'm an ass, but I'm not that much of an ass.

I do play Teemo, but every time I've Teemo'd vs Diana she focuses me hard and I get dumped on. How would I need to build to turn that matchup around?

Degnared

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Yeah, not gonna play Darius. I'm an ass, but I'm not that much of an ass.

I do play Teemo, but every time I've Teemo'd vs Diana she focuses me hard and I get dumped on. How would I need to build to turn that matchup around?
I see people saying teemo can beat Diana, but I don't see it. I've played that botlane matchup before as Diana, and it was simply a matter of landing a Q. His movespeed makes it harder to hit Teemo with her Q than other champs, but once you do he just explodes. My 'solution' to the blind was to just build more AP and MR instead of buying a Nashor's. Her passive is nice, but you have the option of ignoring attack speed when appropriate.

Edit: maybe if teemo gets a Rylai? Strategy would be to dodge Di's Q, then run up and blind and get a few auto attacks in. Diana is pretty slow and teemo is really fast, so this might work. The only issue is that if you're winning, she'll just hang back and farm with Q. Maybe if you're REALLY good at dodging it, you can zone her? Regardless, I don't really like suggesting a strategy that revolves around dodging a fairly easy to land skillshot.

MMKH

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Bot? I've been wanting to try Garen in that match-up, as he tends to crush melee champs. Mordekaiser can also hold his own, even after the nerfs to DFG.
I've played Garen vs a Diana on TT (before remake), and got destroyed from the start lol. The shield blocks almost all the damage you even do from spinning. My guess its to play strong duelists with sustain/cc or someone who can stalemate and clear waves from a distance. Probably Xin or Jax can kill her while Karma, Galio, Gragas could stalemate.

Tempestphile

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rlchz/

I'd be able to appreciate Diana players if their Q wasn't stupidly easy to land, thanks to the AoE almost the size of Pillar of Fire on the tip.
The importance of dodging her Q is to know which way it bends

Sometimes its even better to use gapcloser to close in and dodge her Q,

because its curved, you can run straight into her face and dodge it, the weakness on her Q is cooldown, and Diana players tend not to R unless they hit a Q on you.

Or play a high range free farm champ like Syndra (that range on Q) or Teemo (lay a shroom, afk)
Or any champ with snare / silent, if she dash at you, snare her and walk away (prevents she R twice), or silent her and hit her.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Also, the best advice I seem to be able to get from TT players is "MASSIVE FOCUS FIRE AND TONS OF CC" which is frankly stupid.
I find it amusing that people still give that line. Focusing someone is not a counter. CC is not a counter. Yet as a combo they have been the "don't nerf" party's response to every complain of overpoweredness since at least when I started playing back at Orianna patch.

If I designed a tank that did so much damage it was worth it to focus him instead of a carry, I still wouldn't say that focus fire is the counter. Obviously its just OP.

If there was a champion who had a negative tenacity as a passive, then CC could be considered a counter... maybe. Or if a champion took extra damage if it was from more than one source, then focus could be a counter. Other than that, CC and focus just counter everything.

FrostInks

11-10-2012

I don't think you can beat Diana as an AD. Fighting her would be you can't dodge her Q, so she can just hit you with that, Lunar Rush to you, and if you try to run, she can pull you back in and repeat the process.

FDru

11-10-2012

People seem to really love to necro my threads and downvote my posts.