Please explain in detail how the f*** you're supposed to play against Diana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

10-31-2012

I'm tired of the free losses.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Bot? I've been wanting to try Garen in that match-up, as he tends to crush melee champs. Mordekaiser can also hold his own, even after the nerfs to DFG.

FDru

10-31-2012

Actually I meant to post this in the TT forum, but she seems to build the same way there so maybe the same tactics would apply. Also, the best advice I seem to be able to get from TT players is "MASSIVE FOCUS FIRE AND TONS OF CC" which is frankly stupid.

In my experience, she tanks everything with her double shield and tank items, does stupid amounts of damage with said tank items, and doubles as an assassin so you can't just kite her with a ranged DPS like you can other bruisers.

Her design just confuses me and pisses me off.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Bot? I've been wanting to try Garen in that match-up, as he tends to crush melee champs. Mordekaiser can also hold his own, even after the nerfs to DFG.
Garen wins early, loses super hard mid/late.

If you commit to MR to beat her they'll just do a lane swap on you.

Nyx87

10-31-2012

Hmmm, i was having a similar issue on TT with a Diana. I was playing as Urgot, along side Singed and Shyvana vs Teemo/Malphite/Diana. I was 1/7/4 at one point due to numerous ganks, but we managed to turn it around with good team fight tactics. I was on chatting on Skype with the Shyv and in order to shut her down we had to use the Urgot ult to pin her down, then chain Exhaust her. She was the only real forms of damage as Teemo bought Frozen Mallet and nothing else, and Malphite was not that much of a damage threat as we all had stacked MR since they had no AD.

Fights were literally, Where is diana? There she is! Urgot ult>Shyvana Ult>Shyv Exhaust. Dead? No? Urgot Exhaust.

FOODFOOD

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Garen wins early, loses super hard mid/late.

If you commit to MR to beat her they'll just do a lane swap on you.
Old Garen certainly did, but new Garen is pretty scary all game.

Manse

10-31-2012

The same solution to any problem that auto attacks..

Trollmo.

Once you get your nashtor's finished, you can power shroom and move quick should keep you safe from her harass to some degree. Worst case, just plant shrooms in the lane and she can't close with you. Blind+Exhaust, maybe a phage (or rylais, if you have the cash). Mostly it's Nashtor's, sweeper, and movespeed quints.

Hamm3rhand

10-31-2012

I've never tried it but wouldn't maokai do pretty well at trading with her? its hard to stop diana from farming but mao should be tanky enough to sustain pretty much anything she can throw at him, especially with the spell heals. Thats more for dom bot lane though...as far as TT goes i assume you actually want to kill her...so how about ap yi? same kinda bursty tanky melee mage but with a super massive heal on top of it rather than the shield. just some thoughts.

Manse

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand View Post
I've never tried it but wouldn't maokai do pretty well at trading with her? its hard to stop diana from farming but mao should be tanky enough to sustain pretty much anything she can throw at him, especially with the spell heals. Thats more for dom bot lane though...as far as TT goes i assume you actually want to kill her...so how about ap yi? same kinda bursty tanky melee mage but with a super massive heal on top of it rather than the shield. just some thoughts.
Mao is acceptable, but always feels slow to me. He's the king of "nawdawg, this is my point" and I tend to prefer to have him top if anyone can at least hold bot.

I need to get a tenwin with Diana, may start that tonight before I give up and just start playing Poppy again.

Tempestphile

10-31-2012

Kayle can **** on her late game, and Ryze can **** on her, and Teemo

dodge her Q, and play a champs that can go head to head to her and have sustain, so when she R in, you can beat her up and make trades even (ireila, xin, Jax)

Nunu does pretty well too, you have to be agreesive to make sure you have something to eat, and get your early wota because that heal is omg