RIOT's response to WHY they scrapped the old TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
I agree... basicaly all they really had to change was the turtling... and it would have been good, mabye remove some of the really really good tanky items... the new TT map is just so broken.
The problem is, they simply could not do that on the old map. Riot has stated that they fixed the turtle issue by adding the wall and stairs. Where is the heck was there room on the old map for that?

Remove the tanky items and make it so only squishies are viable? Now your problem is the same one as before, but at the other end of the scale.

Make blink and flash less dominant? Sure, thicken the walls. Now there is even less room on the old TT map because all of the walls just got 2 to 3 times bigger but the map stayed the same.

Haeval

10-31-2012

I guess it was bound to happen with this company, but yeah. Here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2748183

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
I guess it was bound to happen with this company, but yeah. Here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2748183
Sad to see you go, I too will be leaving soon

It's pointless to play SR IMO.

Go 4-0 in lane, up triple the CS, and lose?

Henry Plainview

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
The problem is, they simply could not do that on the old map. Riot has stated that they fixed the turtle issue by adding the wall and stairs. Where is the heck was there room on the old map for that?
There was plenty of room on the old map for the new bases. Or they could have, you know, make the map slightly wider...And the old TT was far larger than TT2, it would still be significantly bigger with thicker walls.

I really don't see how the old TT was unfixable. Throw in those new bases, put vilemaw's lair at the back of that top jungle, remove the ridiculous buffs and standardize the jungle, and thicken a few of the walls. The items and free chalice passive are cool too I guess. Boom, everyone who played TT before is happy, I'll take my payment in RP Riot.

And I don't how the new team death match TT is any healthier. You took away my Leblanc, so Poppy could shove people into walls and Rengar could jump out of bushes with zero counterplay because there are no wards all day, okay...

Twilight Monkey

11-01-2012

The change was not needed, I had no problems with the old map: I knew how to use it and make the better of it.

The original TT had its own strategies and you easily could create a unique play if you gave it time and effort.

Wirius

11-01-2012

Oh my God its...change! Run away! Run screaming for the hilz as your inner OCD screams at you.

These guys have more experience running this game then you have in the tip of your fingernail in your pinky. You're just one of those people who can't stand change.

CaptainAMorgan

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirius View Post
Oh my God its...change! Run away! Run screaming for the hilz as your inner OCD screams at you.

These guys have more experience running this game then you have in the tip of your fingernail in your pinky. You're just one of those people who can't stand change.
I lold. More LoL forum trolls.

Well folks, Morello says it pretty nicely here.

He is an embarrassment to game design, and design in general with logic like this surrounding a map they had for 2 years. So many easy fixes I had already come up with and speculated on for the new map, buttttt they ruined it, spat in my face, and told me the **** I was eating for breakfast was really my good ol special K.

WELL YOU'RE WRONG MORELLO, AND NOW I HOPE YOU FALL.

Off your chair of course. Once a day, every day, foreverrrrrrrr!

Redenbacher

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
I lold. More LoL forum trolls.

Well folks, Morello says it pretty nicely here.

He is an embarrassment to game design, and design in general with logic like this surrounding a map they had for 2 years. So many easy fixes I had already come up with and speculated on for the new map, buttttt they ruined it, spat in my face, and told me the **** I was eating for breakfast was really my good ol special K.

WELL YOU'RE WRONG MORELLO, AND NOW I HOPE YOU FALL.

Off your chair of course. Once a day, every day, foreverrrrrrrr!
That's amusing.

You think he's an embarrassment to game design.

12 million players, daily, are actively playing the game Morello was the lead designer of.

You start your own company and do a better job.

I'm not going to wave a Riot flag around and claim to be their white knight riding to their defense - I'm appalled with how they've handled Dominion and have contributed to countless discussions on getting it more attention. However, that doesn't mean the guys behind the wheel don't know what they are doing.

Working for a company experiencing explosive growth, and dealing with the associated growing pains, I can sympathize with what Riot is trying to accomplish. Our growth is nowhere near the magnitude of Riot's, and their struggle with appeasing as many customers as possible is understandable. They are improving, daily, but the enemy is time. There is only so much of it.

it188

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
Arm chair design is easy.

I remember seeing posts detailing some of the things they tried to fix the old TT- if you care I'm sure you can find them if you go back far enough. But if the people who designed it and have tried to fix it say there were fundamental problems that made it impossible to support the map, well, I don't see what point there is in complaining, and I'll be suprised if Riot listens to kneejerk reactions about people hating the new map and wanting the old one back.
You point is well taken except for one thing, Why force this horrible game on us? If the new TT is an improvement in the areas that Riot claims, why not leave the original TT alone and call this new map something else and let the fans of the original TT wither on the vine? If the old map is broken and inferior, as stated in previous postings, then no one will play it. Riot could track the amount of times the game is played and at least have something to compared it against.
By forcing players to play only the new map, they have abandoned all the players that looked forward to their daily fix of TT like me. I am not opposed to having a new map, I am just opposed to not having an option.
How can Riot claim to not be able to support the original game type? Does it cost the company that much money to add an extra option? If the original so broke it can't be fixed, then leave it alone and let the ignorant players that love the original map play in anonymity. I am not looking to play in E-sports and I have little desire to worry about whether a great game is fixable or not. If you remember correctly Coke tried to update its flagship soda in the 1980's and it was disastrous. Riot you have changed the formula of your game and it tastes as bad as new Coke did back in the 1980's, bring back original TT for your original fans. That is as long as our original dollars, that I have already spent, mean anything to your company.

it188

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirius View Post

I have stated in previous posts that Riot could have launch this wonderful new version of TT without stripping my ability to play the original version. And I am not opposed to change, I am opposed to bad change. At least the new TT is bad in my opinion and believe it or not, I am entitled to my opinion just as you are.
Keep in mind that added to a game can be good, but not if you have to completely ignore the customers that still crave the old product. If, as stated by New TT supporters, the original TT is broken, then why not let us have access to it off the grid or as an option. Our weak minds may not handle change well, but our wallets can still be accessed by Riot if they would only listen to the Original TT fan base.
The only good that has come from Riot taking away the original TT is that I don't play LOL as much as I used to. And each week I find it a little less interesting to play Summoners Rift. Eventually customers like me will move on the next big thing and Riot will lose out on revenue that it could have taken advantage of.
So when poster's like you say things like "Oh my God its...change! Run away! Run screaming for the hilz as your inner OCD screams at you" you insult players that have a legitimate complaint. My advice to you is to back up your insightful post with a little more logic and a lot less !!!.