So RIOT has time to stream...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
They did an AMA on reddit. Go there, most of your questions have already been answered.
And those are not even answers.

Typical Morello (Yknow when he did DOTA I was playing that too, and still dealt with this non-sense, but whatever). He says "X isn't possibly to be balanced". That is completely unacceptable coming from someone who is in a "creative" field.

"I cannot finish this song, it's too hard" - Jimi Hendrix, at a live show. YEAH FREAKING RIGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikins View Post
Wow...

Unrealistic view of company is unrealistic...its abundantly clear that you have never worked anywhere before... you're likely just a child...
A child who owns a multi million dollar company that primarily deals with Customer Service and lending. Yup, I have an unrealistic view of how Customer Service works.

Quote:
There are individual people and teams of people who each have their own responsibilities.
And the TT team, less than a month ago, stated a re-make and released their product without any warning to the community regarding the new game type. When I stop providing a service, it's my job to let people know.

Quote:
These smaller teams and individuals can simply make decisions quickly and get quick responses...
And one of the smallest screwed up their biggest job yet... Heads roll.

Quote:
But big stuff like map changes and champion balance isn't just one or two or even five guys...hard data has to be collected, analyzed, then a solution written up, then that solution needs approval by and then passed through the chain of command... that kind of thing takes time...a lot of time.
A lot of time to prepare and probe the 3v3 community. Not pull internal changes without letting us know, then telling us that the new map is inherently ""balanced"" because Morello says it can be balanced.

Quote:
I'm sure Riot is aware of the issues with this map. And they are a clever bunch to be fair...much more clever than most other companies like EA or Blizzard who have many more horrible failures on balancing and do it much more slowly.
Sorry, but characters that I bought with real money didn't receive balance changes, not even QoL, for months and over a year in one case. I waited my time, many times. I have a lot of patience, but this has nothing to do with patience.

Quote:
I'm not a fan boy don't get me wrong... They messed up something huge on the new TT. It's got lots of flaws and someone is going to have a lot of explaining to do for the whole ordeal...
And they haven't said a THING! Unacceptable!

Quote:
Playing ranked on something called a BETA is messed up! Not having a normal draft option is stupid! Not being able to play on the old 3s map (at least in customs) is stupid!
But they don't want a community split man!
Even though they go ahead and release BOTs for the new 3v3 map...

Quote:
But coming on the forums and implying that the entire company has its hands tied and can do nothing else until they fix this one issue...it's completely moronic...
Sorry, but it seems like no one is dealing with this for the past month.

I have patience, had it for 2 years +. It's running thin. I continue to consider just getting into this industry so I can have my shot at it. So far LoL is my inspiration, seeing that they can pull stuff like this and get away with it because "It's free".