So RIOT has time to stream...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Instead of fixing the clearly broken map.

Instead of answering it's community. Yeah, thousands of replies.

They have time to play with "high level" 3s players on a broke map.

I really just don't get this company. Time is running out.

First you take my best and favorite map for this new and different game type.
Then you never respond to the community that played the map (small as it may be).

Then you ignore 2.7k response posts.
While answering these.

And all this happened within a month of the announcement.

Riot, you have failed me as a consumer and I will not take it much longer. I payed you real money and I receive nothing in return but a big slap in the face.

Mutiny is a stirrin! AYE!

Haeval

10-31-2012

Um... This is a little over the top. I mean yes, There is a large problem here, of Riot ignoring so much feedback, while saying virtually nothing in response to our questions/concerns (unless, of course, those concerns are about the new map ONLY, and mostly ignoring any negative feedback at that anyway).

On the other hand, Vesh is the only member actually doing what you say here, and I'm not hating on him for it. He's trying out his idea about *giggle*.... *hahaha* okay, I can't say this with a straight face, so assume I'm laughing for most of the rest of this post.

He's trying to prove that you don't NEED bruiser team comps to do well.... by queing with (arguably, but definitely, in my opinion) the best 3v3 player in the game and trying to get up to diamond.

Now what is this doing? People (at times, 800 people at once) are watching the stream and seeing what SHOULD be more options of play/style/strategy. It is also, maybe, an attempt to raise popularity with the new map.

Don't say RIOT is doing it. They might agree with it, but the majority of their staff is working hard on issues, no doubt under their own priority tier. Games are ridiculously hard to make happen seamlessly. I couldn't do it, and I'm glad they work so hard.

HOWEVER!!!! ALL OF THAT SAID,

It only takes a few minutes to answer a few questions. A few IMPORTANT questions... for instance, here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post30779522

TL;DR - I agree that they should be treating the community better, but don't hate on Vesh.

Noobtactical

10-31-2012

I like the new map and that they are streaming to promote it. Seems like win / win

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

We still await a response from RIOT

The actions of an employee of a company are an action of the company itself.

IDK how many companies you have worked for, but that is a reason they fire people. For making the company look bad. No hate on Vesh, as I understand the point of what is being done, but streaming with those guys will NOT fix the problems with the map.

There are blatant balance problems, not teamwork problems.

If they want a fix to the problem, then do so. If they want to ignore me and thousands others who paid money and cared for YEARS now, then go ahead. When we leave because we have been wronged RIOT will have no one to blame but themselves.

Either way, this company has no good responses, and at this point should have someone dedicated to dealing with this issue this community is having. Not playing games.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

They did an AMA on reddit. Go there, most of your questions have already been answered.

Pelikins

10-31-2012

Wow...

Unrealistic view of company is unrealistic...its abundantly clear that you have never worked anywhere before... you're likely just a child...

There are individual people and teams of people who each have their own responsibilities.

These smaller teams and individuals can simply make decisions quickly and get quick responses...

But big stuff like map changes and champion balance isn't just one or two or even five guys...hard data has to be collected, analyzed, then a solution written up, then that solution needs approval by and then passed through the chain of command... that kind of thing takes time...a lot of time.

I'm sure Riot is aware of the issues with this map. And they are a clever bunch to be fair...much more clever than most other companies like EA or Blizzard who have many more horrible failures on balancing and do it much more slowly.

I'm not a fan boy don't get me wrong... They messed up something huge on the new TT. It's got lots of flaws and someone is going to have a lot of explaining to do for the whole ordeal...

Playing ranked on something called a BETA is messed up! Not having a normal draft option is stupid! Not being able to play on the old 3s map (at least in customs) is stupid!

But coming on the forums and implying that the entire company has its hands tied and can do nothing else until they fix this one issue...it's completely moronic...

Haeval

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
They did an AMA on reddit. Go there, most of your questions have already been answered.
I find this to be stupid. If I want information about a game, I go to the GAME-OWNED FORUM.

EDIT: I went and found what you were talking about. I am not happy.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2746642

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
I find this to be stupid. If I want information about a game, I go to the GAME-OWNED FORUM.

EDIT: I went and found what you were talking about. I am not happy.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2746642
Same.

It's absurdity like this that is making me want to stop giving this company service.

I have been around since Beta. I remember days long patches and waiting on them.

I was patient as anyone because I am still here.
But this, this was a betrayal. hundreds of games. My friends that ONLY played TT are gone. You literally took out almost any reason I had to play, and I want to be sure that RIOT understands that.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

lol do you really expect every member from riot to be working 24/7? You know Vesh is a human right? He has off time.

The Leper COn

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post

Riot, you have failed me as a consumer and I will not take it much longer. I payed you real money and I receive nothing in return but a big slap in the face.

Mutiny is a stirrin! AYE!
You have got nothing at all in return? You didnt get hours of enjoyable play time? You didnt have 1 single bit of fun? That being the case, why do you care? What I would like to hear is what, specifically, do you feel is the issue with TT. I used to play it, and now I've put in another 50 games or so on the new map and frankly I think it is fun. I dont think the product is devalued, though I tend to go with the flow. Glad that a company has a model where if I simply don't want to pay a cent, I do not have to.