Absolutely no desire to play anymore...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaalika

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
If it's a community full of people that rage at you for the smallest things. Then that could only mean one thing. If you leave, then now they are sitting here raging at each other while you are free from it all.

If I were to quit though, it would not be because of feeling helpless or hopeless to getting better or a losing streak. I would quit because of the fact any one who plays video games is not fully following John Wooden's pyramid of success. Hell, if any thing video games are something that might make up the pyramid of failure, if such a pyramid existed.
Actually videogames can be really positive learning experiences which can help you create more success in life, beyond just having good reflexes with buttonmashing.

Life lessons from videogames:
  1. Teamwork
  2. Persistence
  3. Dealing with failure
  4. Meeting new people
  5. Problem-solving
  6. Math skills

In most cases, these skills are things not actually taught in school, or taught in such a way that it's so boring nobody wants to pay attention. But in a videogame you're still having fun and that makes learning retention higher as well.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTempty

11-01-2012

add me. I will play with you even if you dont have a win yet. Just so long as you are willing to learn, I will play with you. The community gets meaner every day but there are people out there to help ya.