Absolutely no desire to play anymore...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

10-31-2012

Close to 7 losses in a row.

I know losses are common, but the more I lose, the more likely I am to get matched up with people who are just awful people it seems.

Spent the last 7 or so games trying my hardest to get a win and dig myself out of this random losing streak, but nothing works. Every time I play with my friends, I lose. Every time I try draft, I lose.

I try my best to be a team helper and tell my teammates good strategies on what to do, but the usual response I get is to **** off and that I'm bad, and then they see my strategy would have saved their life, obtained baron, etc.

I've been paired up with some of the worst people this game has to muster these last few games. The one game I did win, our top and jungler harassed me all game for not helping them suicide charge into half the enemy team when I knew we couldn't take them and proceeded to flame me the rest of the game. We won that and they instantly left after their k/d ratios were abysmal and mine was positive.

We got people who proclaim they're trolling in chat by saying they're just going to buy Tiamats and nothing else, and because of Riot's policies on dodging, I feel like I can't dodge every game where jerks like this appear or I'll get banned.

I think the final nail in the coffin for me right now was the last game. Was being super friendly but near the end we were losing by at least 20 kills. I ask politely if we can surrender because there was no way to come back from it. Our Ryze tells me to shut up, stop whining and everything is my fault, despite never getting a gank from the jungler until our ADC was killed, I was support Nunu with Teemo, vs MF and Blitz...., and their Shaco was just all around killing everything.

And in the end, when I said I was sad that I had lost so many in a row, Ryze simply said,

"No one cares."

And he's right. In a game with this many people, no one does care. I used to enjoy League, but with all the scum I've had to deal with lately and the utter hopelessness of never winning, I feel dishearten. I've spent so much money on this game because I loved it, but it's coming to the point where it's just not fun anymore. I feel like every game there's toxic everywhere and I'm just trying to help, but no one listens. It feels hopeless and I just don't feel like trying anymore.

What should I do?
I take breaks, I play with friends, but nothing helps. I feel hopeless and even a week long break hasn't changed my desire to want to play League anymore. I feel like I'm a flower being bathed in weed killer.

Ladayen

10-31-2012

It seems like you're trying to be a jack of all trades and play most roles. While it's a good idea to be familiar with all of them, in reality you're not likely going to be terribly good at any of them if you go that route. I would suggest you pick two roles and only play those for a while. Also try to stick to picking between 5-6 champions.

DrShroob

10-31-2012

For the most part, I only play mid and support, both roles that I am good at. I refuse to play ADC and Jungle because of suck.

That Irelia game was going very smoothly until Shaco bullied me. Lee Sin hit me with his orb and Shaco popped up behind my turret, avoiding my pink ward. Repeat 6x times.

There was nothing I could do. Because I had won early game, our jungler focused on bot lane, and Shaco knew that so he picked me. It didn't matter how high of health my turret was. Even if I tried to farm near it, he popped up from behind, and because Irelia has no escape outside of flash, I was toast no matter what.

zraven7

10-31-2012

Ok, first of all, Shaco hurts. He ganks people, it happens. You do your best to avoid it. Secondly, we all get horrible match-ups sometimes. Try playing games with people who outright refuse to talk, call lane, etc. I got to solo bottom once with Soraka (advice: don't try that unless you have a fascination with pulling out your own hair). I've been paired with people who pretty much yelled at me that I was feeding every time I died, but never tried to help. It stinks and it happens, and I'm sorry I have to deal with it.

For me, however, it is so much better when it works out, that it's worth it. I've got a few friends who play, and we'll all jump on a VOIP program, jump into a game, and curse at the heavens together. Win or lose, it's great, because we're having a blast. Try to make it less about winning or losing, but about having fun and helping.

Don't get me wrong, the trolls and the hate can be bad, and I get why you might quit. I honestly can't blame you if you do. But I hope you don't. The community needs considerate players.

Btw, feel free to add me. Can't promise I'll be on with any regularity, but if I am, I can try to pull you into a game with a few of my friends. I'm the newb, they're the 600+ win lvl 30's. I'm certain they could help you out, and we find ourselves looking for a fifth a bunch of the time. Hope to see you in game. :-)

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

winning and losing streaks are going to happen and you just have to accept it.

if you find yourself getting upset just walk away a take a break, cool off. if you start the game thinking that you are going to lose or upset because u lost the last game you are more likely to lose the next game as well.

DrShroob

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStein View Post
winning and losing streaks are going to happen and you just have to accept it.

if you find yourself getting upset just walk away a take a break, cool off. if you start the game thinking that you are going to lose or upset because u lost the last game you are more likely to lose the next game as well.
I have nothing wrong with losing, but it seems the the more I lose, the lower quality of players I'm matched with. Before this streak, I was loving every game I played, honest, even the games I was losing in. However, lately, everything is horrid.

Shadogi

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShroob View Post
What should I do? I take breaks, I play with friends, but nothing helps. I feel hopeless and even a week long break hasn't changed my desire to want to play League anymore. I feel like I'm a flower being bathed in weed killer.
Let's start with the obvious, LoL is a game and if you aren't having fun, then you shouldn't play. That said, when I go on losing streaks, I just keep re-queuing. You're bound to eventually get a good team, but until you hit ranked, it's very hit or miss.

One thing I do when I know I'm in a lost match where my teammates won't surrender is to focus on an element of my game play and really grind it out. My two favorites recently have been last hitting and ward placement/up time, but only you know your weaknesses.

One thing you should consider, if you are losing regardless of who you play or who you play with, then you might want to rethink your game. I don't know you, so I can't give direct criticism, but sometimes you have to look at the common denominator when focusing on a problem.

I would start by getting a VOD of a player you really like and watching it for analysis purposes. Really focus on when and how they do things. Then, record yourself playing with XSplit or something similar and watch it. Are you doing things like the pro player? Do you have the same CS or ganks/assists or other important role specific metric? If not, then ask yourself what isn't going right and fix it. Granted, eventually you will want to develop your own style, but until you are skilled enough to do that, emulate whomever you can! Pros do things for good reason and you should mimic those behaviors until you understand them.

Just my two cents!

DrShroob

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadogi View Post
Let's start with the obvious, LoL is a game and if you aren't having fun, then you shouldn't play. That said, when I go on losing streaks, I just keep re-queuing. You're bound to eventually get a good team, but until you hit ranked, it's very hit or miss.

One thing I do when I know I'm in a lost match where my teammates won't surrender is to focus on an element of my game play and really grind it out. My two favorites recently have been last hitting and ward placement/up time, but only you know your weaknesses.

One thing you should consider, if you are losing regardless of who you play or who you play with, then you might want to rethink your game. I don't know you, so I can't give direct criticism, but sometimes you have to look at the common denominator when focusing on a problem.

I would start by getting a VOD of a player you really like and watching it for analysis purposes. Really focus on when and how they do things. Then, record yourself playing with XSplit or something similar and watch it. Are you doing things like the pro player? Do you have the same CS or ganks/assists or other important role specific metric? If not, then ask yourself what isn't going right and fix it. Granted, eventually you will want to develop your own style, but until you are skilled enough to do that, emulate whomever you can! Pros do things for good reason and you should mimic those behaviors until you understand them.

Just my two cents!

I'm actually trying ranked as support.... but, I'm getting the same results more or less. Utter hopelessness.

chaser676

10-31-2012

When you lose, you are matched with and against less skilled players. Your normal elo will go down. If you want my advice, nothing angers low level players then being told what to do. What you see as suggestions of strategy may seem to them as you dictating what they should do.

GON the Mage Guy

10-31-2012

You said it doesn't matter if you play with friends...so your friends are jerks too, or...?

Queue with me. Be my support. I'll ADC.