Who should I get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrololololNinja

10-31-2012

Hi, I'm sorta new to this game (been playing for a week now) and I'm looking for a new champion to buy. I've played Master Yi and I have enjoyed him Garen is also pretty good. I like Master Yi's high damage so I'm looking for champions like him, but the thing is Yi can be sorta squishy at times so I need the champion to be a little less squishy, any clue who I should get? Thanks!

1nf3c7r4xx

10-31-2012

I'm also new but I found that Ashe the frost archer is exceptional... She can slow her enemies and she's ranged and that can be helpful if you use her correctly

Grymdyn

10-31-2012

Jax, Warwick, Shen, Olaf, Renekton, Xin Zhao would all be similar I think... there are more, but you are probably looking for a solo top style character if you want some tankiness and damage.

If you're just starting out tho, make a point to play all of the champs in the free rotation. It's the best way to find a player you might not have otherwise picked up, and to test a champ before you drop RP or IP.

Magus Crow

10-31-2012

Fiora is probably the closest to Yi out of the roster though she has much of the same problems that Yi does - especially at medium to high ELOs.

Renekton is VERY strong early game and pretty tankish. I'm not certain that he translates well from Yi's kit (I suppose his E sort of relates to Alpha Strike... sort of...) but then no one really does. Give him a try on a free week and see what you think of him.

Adding to Grymdyn's list I'd suggest looking at Irelia.