Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who Gets to Pick Their Role...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iGoogledYourMOM

10-31-2012

The Person who get to pick first Or the one that Calls first. What are the rules for Draft / Rank Solo Q

Thank You.

SomniumProxy

10-31-2012

Calling roles and taking that into consideration can help your team work better from the very start, but if there is a disagreement pick order is the ultimate rule.

I should warn you that players that are new to ranked and/or at low Elo won't always understand this concept well. Apart from the obvious benefits of resolving disputes, pick order is also important because higher elo players are first, giving them more control over team composition.

zraven7

10-31-2012

SomniumProxy is absolutely right about all of this, in an ideal setting. Remember, however, that it's usually not an ideal setting, especially in low-level play. As such, the person who gets to pick is usually the must stubborn donkey. Your best bet is to learn a couple of roles, and to be ready to play either, should someone sit on one and refuse to move. GG dude.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-31-2012

In an ideal situation first pick should be a) the least counterable picks (support, jungle, adc) b) high value champions (someone not banned Shen, Ez, Malp, etc) or c) trade picks

When duoing with my lower elo friends I have the luxery of being first pick, and being able to trade last pick. The only role that I shouldn't (not can't, but shouldn't) play is jungle. If my team is willing to work with me I get to trade last pick.

I mentioned picking the least counterable champions first. That doesn't mean they can't be countered, but in my opinion top and mid are the mostt effected by counter picks.

Anyway, you have 2 options. Argue with your team which leads to hostility between teammates, or working around who feels most comfortable in the designated lanes. The important thing is to have summoners playing in their strongest lane possible. If you don't get the lane you want just do what you can. If all else fails dodge, i'd rather spend 30 minutes doing something else, then suffering through a match I have a good chance of losing.