Help! How do people Elo climb out of 1k

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Alright guys I'm looking for some advice on climbing out of my current Elo hell.

My elo sucks. Finally broke 1k (1004) on my 2nd account. My first account I won placement matches and ended up hovering ~1300 elo (usually just under). Somehow this account I lost most of my placement and have been trying to claw my way out.

At this Elo you of course run into many players who don't care, troll, or feed really hard. Some of my games will be unwinnable because of one of these, but for the rest I need advice on how to carry harder and secure victory.

I currently found my niche at adc for the best ability to turn a game around for a win. Kog'maw is my best by far, with Sivir in second, and Ezreal a distant third.

I feel I play a strong Graves and Cait but can't influence my game nearly as hard even though I win lane often.

I play all 5 positions with at least 2 champions I feel I'm pretty strong with. But I can't carry from top or mid nearly the same as adc and jungle I feel screwed if bot and top are losing and my mid just doesn't leave lane so I have less influence here as well. Support I try my best to avoid since I want to tear my eyes out seeing <100cs adc's at the end of the game.

How can I influence more from top, mid, or jungle to be the guy who "guarantees" the win?

TLDR: Best way to climb from 1k to 1250+?

LessHerpMoreDerp

10-31-2012

play kat mid, most people dont know what do against her. but work on her before you try her in ranked tho xD

t0ad5

10-31-2012

Play mid or jungle so you have the best chance at putting team into good position to win early/mid game; best chances to roam. You can't really do this as adc, because you will rely on your team for such while you work to win your lane.

Since, as adc, you are to be in the back and die last, you are dependant on others to do their job first and make good decisions about fighting, while you show up for the fight they chose and do your job.

Being the person to start the fights (or should be the one starting them) puts you in position to make good decisions about the fights (when/where/why).

Rokkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Thanks for the tips. Adc has been working for me so far, but I do need to be able to do something else and "guarantee" a win (as long as no d/c's or trolls) in case I'm not an early pick or don't get adc role for whatever reason. Kat is a champ I need to get into, it's been a long time.

Phrytning

11-01-2012

Get really good at three champions/positions. Have a support rune page. Carry games. I was having trouble. Because I was choosing "counters" and whatnot. And generally, it is better to just stick with what you know. I have won my past 35 ranked games in a row. No joke. Of course I was down to 850 or so, but I'm at 1050~ at the moment. Every once in a while. You will get trolls. Or feeders who feed a jax/jayce that just carry the entire enemy team. If you find someone friendly who did well in a game, check their match history, and if they are doing decent add them and duo queue with them. Good luck.

Edit: Generally if you can play support or ADC or Jungle you can carry better than other roles. Warding well and feeding your carry as support. Or good positioning as adc. Or getting your lanes ahead as a jungler.

Corner Warrior

11-01-2012

i'll carry you out if you'd like