Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot!!! Read this!!! Fix solo queue ranked troll issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
pcg:
Can someone also explain to me... Why is it I am being paired with players that have only played 5-10 ranked games when I have played over 600...?

In ranked matches? Because it matches you up based on Elo, which is a measure of your ability to win matches.

Kangi Yuha

11-01-2012

well 5-5 is 1150+ elo is it? cause that is where I was at when this all started to happen (off topic sorry... but I like that name you have ahahaha)

DJ5chwa

11-01-2012

Let me break this down. So there's a troll in a low elo game, and he's going about his trolling and he gets reported. His punishment is to lose 100 elo. So what does this solve..? He's in even lower elo still trolling lol.

biIbo

11-01-2012

I love how the second to the third one is a 1000% percent increase in elo loss. This could work..

Kangi Yuha

11-01-2012

One person trolling still ruins everyone's game. Regardless if he is still trolling in a lower elo is is not fun for anyone at that point. I have been in the 800's before and carried games like no other just to lose. After my games today I have decided to just uninstall this game and move on. It's funny to me that how one bad player can affect a game so much.. anyways good luck to all that stick it out while RIOT try's to figure out what to do about this system and one day it will be a flawless system or damn close to it. When that happens I shall return. Until then Good luck to all =)

CrystalisX

11-02-2012

Yea, honestly Riot needs to have a tribunal system for honor before they simply hand out ribbons to players. So many of these "ribboned players" i encounter are hardly honorable ever. It's like they got their ribbon (possibly from trading honor a bunch among friends/stragners) then once they have their ribbon they feel free to act as big of a jerk as they were before honor ever came to play.

To the OP: this idea of yours replaces some of the problems that came about when you lost ELO simply by dodging Q. When you were able to do that, you had games with heavy imbalances of actual skill level. A 1900 player could potentially dive down to 1000 elo where a friend of theirs were at. After this, they could choose to duo Q with their 1000 elo friend and easily bring both of them to 1700 elo. The 1900 elo player won't have much difficulty getting back to 1900 since that's where they were meant to be, but now introduced a non-1700 elo player into the 1700 elo range. This continues over and over and you have the idea of ELO hell permeating throughout the entire ladder as well as a mean for questionable elo boosting.

Also most of the high elo players I know don't actually care that much about elo because it comes so easily for them. The only ones that care a lot about elo are the ones who struggle to gain elo.

xLwang69

Recruiter

11-02-2012

making solo queue only solo queue would be nice @pogo of couurse people would naturally drop lower in elo where they belong but with the penalty it would not penalize all the people that trolls bring down as much. it is made to exclusively penalize 1 person rather than 5 people compulsively and create a better ranked community by weening out undesirables

Iittala

11-02-2012

I did wish your teammates could influence your ELO... but then people would troll that too. It would be nice if your KDA ratio affected ELO but then you wouldn`t have tanks start fights and take damage because they`d be afraid to die. The current system though needs to be changed in some way to help people good players gain ELO more effectively. Maybe level and honor.. like from your team should influence. It would be nice if my normal game ELO had some play in it too. Sure it isn`t as competitive but good players will have higher win to lose ratios.

Kangi Yuha

11-02-2012

ahhh man if only kd did help elo lol. I like that thought... it's like counter strike 1.6 (esea) if anyone knows what that is.. They do the rating by wins and KD

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Quote:
pcg:
ahhh man if only kd did help elo lol. i have over 5 champs with a kd over 300+ but still in the 1000-1100's lol. I like that thought... it's like counter strike 1.6 (esea) if anyone knows what that is.. They do the rating by wins and KD

The difference is, if you're playing a Team Deathmatch game mode in any FPS, then KD is absolutely a 100% direct influence on winning/losing matches.

It's been a while since I played CS, so I don't remember if maybe the main game mode is CTF or whatever, but take Call of Duty for example. Last time I played CoD, team deathmatch was won by the first team to score 750 points. A kill is worth 10 points for your team, and a death is worth 10 points for the enemy team (unless it's a suicide or whatever).

So in CoD, if you have a positive KD ratio, you got your team closer to winning than the enemy team. If you have a negative KD ratio, you got the enemy team closer to winning than your team. But look at the other game modes in CoD. Any CoD game mode with an objective will give your player a lot more score for doing the objective than for getting an individual kill. Take Search & Destroy, for example. A kill in this game mode is worth 100 points, but planting the bomb is worth 1,000 points. Planting the bomb is worth 10 kills, and you can only even possibly score 6 kills per round (600 points) in this game mode.

So we look at Summoner's Rift. What's the objective? The objective is killing the enemy Nexus. Getting kills helps, but it does not DIRECTLY contribute to winning the match. It only indirectly contributes to winning the match. In fact, you could argue that killing enemy minions so that your minion waves can push contributes more toward winning the match than killing an enemy player. And the fact of the matter is, the player with the best KD is not even always the person who contributed most to the victory.