New to the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxFallenWeaponxX

10-30-2012

I am new to LoL and watched a friend play. I watched him play Riven and I became hooked right away. Any tips for her.

Also I was told that the best runes are not unlocked until level 20... would it be best to sit out of PvP until then and just fight bots???

Would love these answered please.

-Thanks Fallen

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Hey, welcome aboard.

I would strongly suggest you play as much PvP as possible and only play bots when using a champ for the very first time, as it gives you time to read the abilities etc. Remember that even if you don't have good runes, neither do your oponents, so in the end it doesn't really matter.

About riven: depends where you want to play her, but I'd generally recommend to always take a phage and brutalizer early game and build around a bloodthirster and defence later on. The rest of the items will depend on the game, but these are really core.

Grymdyn

10-31-2012

The tier 1 runes are fairly cheap, so I'd go with those until you hit 20. That way you aren't losing out on a lot of IP to buy the expensive ones, but you aren't handicapping yourself by not having any runes.

zraven7

10-31-2012

I'm lvl 13, and haveing been doing pvp since lvl 2. I'm waiting til lvl 20 to get runes, and using IP to get a few characters, then saving it til then. I'm seeing playing without runes as practicing with a weighted bat. It's harder, but then when I get the runes, it'll seem like everything is easier than it should be (or at least I'm hoping). There is some argument as to how advantage runes give you, but playing without them is certainly viable. I play a lot of support, and some people swear to the heavens that, without the "gold per 10" runes, support is ridiculously hard. I like to think I do alright depending on who I lane with. Play with people, have fun, and if you lose, well, it happens. If people wanna flame, just let it roll off your back.

If you want an offensive character to try, Sivir is cheap. Her viability is argued, and a lotta people don't like her, but I've seen the ones that do pwn hard. At 450 IP, it's a low risk to give her a shot.

XxFallenWeaponxX

10-31-2012

About the runes. While I was looking at them, it seems that it only gives a big advantage early game. So if I am a good early gamer as it is I could just wait till level 20 to get the runes. Or is that not the best approach?

chaser676

10-31-2012

Tier 1 runes give you 1/2 the power of tier 3 runes at 1/10 or less of the price. They are absolutely worth it. Don't buy tier 2 runes though.

WhyYouMadBroLoL

10-31-2012

Welcome to League, buddy.

XxFallenWeaponxX

10-31-2012

Thanks for all the help guys, also I am not allowed to post on certain topics till I reach level 5. Though I am level 5. You think I just have to wait a day or so until it gets caught up?