It's over-powered and the risk doesn't equal the reward 17 32.69%
It does need some kind of change...just not sure what 13 25.00%
Should teams wait to kill the boss when they have the advantage? 7 13.46%
Should teams wait to kill the boss when they are losing? 3 5.77%
It's Fine, leave the spider alone... 15 28.85%
I don't play TT 1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Poll on Vilemaw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supafly GLHF

10-30-2012

I tried a poll in the general discussion and figured I'd renew a better one in this section.

This poll is about Vilemaw -

I am disappointed that there's this nice cool looking boss that in many instances serves no reason to kill making me sometimes wonder why he is even in there at all. People have little to no incentive to try to kill it, making it almost worthless to be on the map in the first place. His buff doesn't even last very long by another player's recount.

An underpowered Team which may need him would be hindered in trying it as they would be sieged by the winning team, however I have seen winning teams actually lose whole games due to a counter.

Many of the games that I have been in people rather not fool with him at all.

The reward for this mob doesn't really equal the risk in my opinion.

It needs some kind of change to make it worthwhile but I'm unsure exactly what it would be. Just reading others input on the issue.

**Some players agreed Vilemaw was fine but to alter the shrines. Yet that is another subject that already has posts about it.

Ryconn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Vilemaw seems kinda awkward to fight, also since it takes the entire team to kill it at lower lvls it usually isnt worth the risk of getting it stolen or worse getting aced because your team took too much damage trying to kill it

Jonnyrico

10-31-2012

The buff is quite useful, and he's not too difficult to kill. The problem is that his ranged damage is pitiful compared to his melee.

FDru

10-31-2012

Just build a bunch of armor, and he does no damage. As a bonus, the team of retarded tanky derps you're playing against won't do any either.

Sessamo

10-31-2012

I think the buff could maybe be a tad stronger, but I really like that Vilemaw is a serious threat.
Ebonmaw dying to a stiff breeze was insanely frustrating.

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

I hate all the complacent people on this forum.

SO SO happy with the **** that is spewed at them.

I'll probably stick with Dota 2 if the community keeps going this way.

eXcyxc

10-31-2012

I've barely played the new TT map, but here's my personal opinion.
the buff Vilemaw gives is pretty helpful. However he seems a little OP... he can crush a whole team w/ ease. I've spectated some TT games, and I find most ppl don't bother w/ Vilemaw until it's a sure thing they'd win. I.E, Aced enemy team, broken 2 inhibs etc.

Aikimiller

10-31-2012

Vilemaw is one of the reasons it can be worth it to run an AD carry. He destroys tanky-dps, but even a half-fed AD carry can practically solo him, as long as you have a bit of life steal.

Pelikins

10-31-2012

The spider buff is pretty pathetic...

I think the spider is actually a little weaker than it should be...you shouldn't be able to kill it with boots and 1 item (and most auto attackers can with greaves and a ruined king blade).

But the buff it gives it stupid...

The buff gives a bunch of CDR and thats about it (25% cdr I think).

Champions who want/need CDR build CDR and this just puts them way over cap...champs who don't care about CDR don't care about the buff...

I would take a longer duration of the old wraith buff or the old lizard buff or the old dragon buff over this one...but the spider is way harder to kill....I'd even take a red buff over this...

Gutter Runner

10-31-2012

I think now Big Spider boss is just ok. He is hard to kill chalenge, just like baron Nashor in SR, not like dragon. And it's not true, that you risk so much when you trying to take his buff. just kill one or two of enemies and go! i like it this way.