The ELO System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excitement

Recruiter

10-03-2010

Needs to be fixed. I know theres sooo many threads QQing and flaming about how broken it is but what I want fixed is for the solo que to be based off of SOLO performance... not based off of how much you win or lose. I just played solo que game as a jungle yi (low elo Im currently stuck in the low 1000-1.1k area and can't seem to move around).
I completely owned face, I help in ganks, downed towers, and continuously was there to help my team mates when they needed me in their lane. I nearly even had a quadra kill in a team fight because I was doing so well. IDK maybe it was my team comp that effed us. We had a really good zil, a decent ashe, a rammus who kinda fed, and a decent taric. I was pretty fed too, I had 17 kills. More than any other player on both teams. I just don't understand what went wrong. Maybe the other team worked better together or maybe it was their comp? I feel a bit robbed of my effort you know what I mean? I think... NO... I KNOW I'm better than the ELO that I have and I feel I deserve much higher.

Foxflare

10-03-2010

Livestream and see if you get support or flamed.

Wuffly

10-03-2010

There isn't a way to show personal performance. It is a team game. If a Zilean ults you to save your life because you have a killing spree, and he dies, that doesn't make him bad. Yet there is no way to show that this Zilean is doing good because he is 0/2/3.

Lumpyone

10-03-2010

I think the larger discrepancy has to do with leavers and full point loss. I'm guessing roughly 80% of my losses had to do with leavers. I don't complain about feeders, they are a part of the game. It's just losing the game before it starts or even 10 mins in when someone just randomly takes off. Then you are down on exp and have little hope winning team fights. I've heard there are better functioning systems for rankings out there, I just would like to hear about what Riot has working in the wings to deal with this. I could also go for a paid ladder reset, but that is a selfish want.

supnmu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

You did have 17 kills, but you also had 11 deaths and a Malady. At least you have decent rune pages.

However, I do agree with you that 'Elo hell' does exist and it does suck. All you can really do is hope you go on a long winning streak or duo with a friend that's good at the game - thus reducing your chances of getting a feeder/leaver/Brazilian. The only good game I've ever had in ranked was my very first one (by good, I mean hard fought by both teams, no leavers/feeders/Brazilians, constant warding throughout the game, dragon/buff control, jungling). Since that game, there have been a few DECENT games that weren't complete pubstomps... but they've been few and far between.

Excitement

Recruiter

10-03-2010

Malady isnt bad for yi, I get it for lifesteal. My team wasn't full on melee otherwise I woulda gotten starks. Then again it would have benefitted Ashe who was getting ganked a bit. The last few deaths were due to me trying to defend the base against a full team =/. Well.... they should reset the ladders every now and then like how blizzard did for Diablo 2. Yeah my runepages are what I have focused on more than my champs, I like to play a select few. Unlike some people who splurge on champions nonstop but don't ever complete their runepage. I'll eventually have all the champs I'll want to possibly own with all their own runepages. I gave one just for Shen because he's my personal fav champ to tank with as of right now. Although it needs some adjustments. I'll keep trying my best at it, I need a good duo queuer, someone who can play a really good carry with me.

Kojach

10-03-2010

you belong in low elo for 1 simple reason

you are not as good at choosing your teammates as other people

you might make some good choices 1, 2 maybe even 5 times in a row. but then youll start choosing terrible people to team up with and youll be right back where you started

srsly though the system sucks and youre right its not based on your solo performance at all its based on the horrible people you are forced to have on your team

Dorien

10-03-2010

pics or it didn't happen

Excitement

Recruiter

10-03-2010

Yeah... its just kind of lame I get stuck with people who aren't playing on MY level but under it. I know I sound like some ****** saying it but its true... I don't like playing with people who aren't going to be as good as me. Oh and I chose to jungle yi because he is a eater of squishies. The other team had 3 casters, MF, Annie, and another that I forgot... urgot somehow managed to get fed by Rammus as well. BTW I have never duo queued with anyone yet. So far just doing the solo thing. I may start duo queuing.