Tips for Beginners to PvP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KampfeerKaiser

10-30-2012

So, I am level 10 and I am just now starting to venture into the PvP games. I noticed immediately that my time in the bot games didn't prepare me as much as I would have hoped for play against actual people. Was hoping I could get some advice about some do's and don't's in PvP matches.

Also if it helps, the champions I play primarily at the moment are Viktor, Veigar, and Tristana.

Thanks in advance.

BartS1mps0n

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Typically in games in where i play with my friends (who are low leveled) i tend to see a lot of tower dives which dont work.

• Dont tower dive unless you know you will get the kill and get out of it
  • Remember your playing real players which are much smarter than Bots
  • Play More PVP games they are much harder than bot games but are way more beneficial.
  • Practice which is probably the most important.
Any other stuff but i cant think of anything right now.

Dichali

10-30-2012

Think defensively. Not getting killed in the laning phase of a match is well worth losing some CS over.

When your team is grouping up, DO it NOW. That last minion wave you wanna farm before joining them, will be THE reason your team fights 4vs5 & dies. Saying "why'd you engage without me" ignores the fact that the other team was dead set on attacking & probably had the drop on them.

Real players are smarter than Bots, UNTIL they have their backs to the wall. Once humans get in a jam they make retarded chimps look like brain surgeons. Try not to get too rattled when you see your team have a 4 person hissy fit and start playing like idiots. Remember YOUR wins came from when the enemy team did the same

If you hit Tab you can click the ignore button on people who are anoying you so much that you can't focus. It can win you a match if you are having trouble ignoring them, cause you won't see their chat.

TehomCD

10-31-2012

Probably the biggest thing that bot games don't teach you is about using vision effectively, especially in teamfights. Bots never juke into brush, nor use it to zone, so using it tactically can come as a major surprise if you've only played bot games. Bot games also tend to make players be much more aggressive than they should be and disregard farming much more than they should, since bots give away free kills, and players can get a massive gold advantage while never last hitting at all. The better the players you go against are, the more important farming becomes: better players die far less, so most gold in the game will come from last-hitting minions and global objectives.

KampfeerKaiser

10-31-2012

Thanks everyone. All of this is very helpful.