Windows XP SP3 issues with new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Master Shaco

10-30-2012

When i try to play new TT, It lags me until about 2:15 before I can purchase items or play at all.

Tl;dr, please bring back old TT as a seperate map so I can play 3v3's, and/or fix the lag

Exarch

10-30-2012

Riot should not have to cater to someone using an 11 year old operating system. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this but... it's time to upgrade. League has existed entirely during the period that Windows 7 has been standard. I understand why you wouldn't have wanted Vista, but Windows 7 ( and now even Windows 8 is out ) has been around for years and is better than XP ever was.

Capwnzzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordion View Post
Riot should not have to cater to someone using an 11 year old operating system. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this but... it's time to upgrade. League has existed entirely during the period that Windows 7 has been standard. I understand why you wouldn't have wanted Vista, but Windows 7 ( and now even Windows 8 is out ) has been around for years and is better than XP ever was.
You're very ignorant. There's quite a few people running Windows XP still and it's a great operating system despite being outdated. Not everyone can afford to buy a new top end computer that can run a good version of Windows 7 smoothly.

However I will add that I'm using Windows XP SP3 with a single core 1.7ghz processor, 2 gigs of DDR2, and an ATI Radeon HD 2600 and although my game runs ****ty even on the lowest settings because of my extremely lackluster processor it's still playable and doesn't crash. When I first load into a game and open the shop it does freeze for about 5 seconds but after that I get a consistent 15-25 fps

Exarch

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiku View Post
You're very ignorant. There's quite a few people running Windows XP still and it's a great operating system despite being outdated. Not everyone can afford to buy a new top end computer that can run a good version of Windows 7 smoothly.

However I will add that I'm using Windows XP SP3 with a single core 1.7ghz processor, 2 gigs of DDR2, and an ATI Radeon HD 2600 and although my game runs ****ty even on the lowest settings because of my extremely lackluster processor it's still playable and doesn't crash. When I first load into a game and open the shop it does freeze for about 5 seconds but after that I get a consistent 15-25 fps
My good sir, I'm not in the least bit ignorant, I know exactly what I am talking about. I am aware that there are still folks using Windows XP, but the fact that there are still people running Windows XP is sad. Operating systems are not cars, they are not still worth using just because they are still running. Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP and thus it is an obsolete operating system, which should be left to fade into history along Windows 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95, 3.1, etc...

What IS ignorant is assuming a software developer such as Riot Games Inc. should support an operating system that has been unsupported for so many years already. You should not expect your computer to live forever and someone with knowledge of computers would tell you that if you get even 5 years out of a PC you've got more than your moneys worth.

It's the same as any technology, bring your printer from 1998 into any business supply store and try to get a cartridge for it, no dice, support has ended, thus developers and retailers no longer support it either. Same with operating systems. If you bring your Windows XP system into any computer repair center and need help with software issues they will tell you that you need to upgrade, and they are right.

Quote:
On April 14, 2009, Windows XP and its family of operating systems reached the end of their mainstream support period and entered the extended support phase as it marks the progression of the legacy operating system through the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy. During the extended support phase, Microsoft continues to provide security updates every month for Windows XP; however, free technical support, warranty claims, and design changes are no longer being offered.
Expecting Riot to solve your video lag issues for a game that STARTED being supported in 2009 and an operating system that ENDED it's support life cycle in 2009 is simply ridiculous and you should feel silly for even bringing it up.

I work in the tech business and I can tell you that if I or any of my colleagues got a support ticket for someone having issues with software that was developed after their operating system's support life cycle we would kindly tell that person that we are unable to assist them and suggest they upgrade to a non-obsolete operating system.

To put it in perspective, even the most technologically backwards business in my area, the local school district, finally upgraded to Windows 7 on all of their systems a year and a half ago.

If you can't afford to buy a new computer or at least upgrade the operating system once every 5 years then you shouldn't expect support, as you are using obsolete software and hardware and are no longer relevant to anyone in the software/hardware/tech industry in general. Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 is $129.99, that's not that bad, and it runs on almost the same requirements as long as you don't mind not having the Aero theme. Windows 7 requirements below:

Quote:
If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
If you can't afford that ^ then you are REALLY behind the times and should not expect a progressive, modern software company to provide any support to you.