Demacia and its lack of an ADC

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shuggles

Senior Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Rune Soldier Louie comes to mind at that

How about instead, we just leave them a mage, but instead they'll build like a carry just to completely throw everyone off? Wouldn't it be hilarious if Xerath was like that?
I can see it now.

"Qik'thalas, the Shaman of the Mind"

Has only AD ratios, and does physical and magic damage.

Also he has a heal, because he doesn't play by the rules.

A heal with an AD ratio, could you imagine?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anfanee

Member

10-30-2012

Okay stuff it, crazy cat lady from simpsons, ADC that throws cats. Lets do it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haze of Grey

Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Rune Soldier Louie comes to mind at that

How about instead, we just leave them a mage, but instead they'll build like a carry just to completely throw everyone off? Wouldn't it be hilarious if Xerath was like that?

Batman? What about him? Iron Man blows him out of the water imo.

Xin's not from Noxus, he was a prisoner of Noxus.

And Riven is the most Demacian Noxian I know of. So?

And yes, the "holy trinity" of ADCs, who are really not as powerful as everyone believes (particularly after the last few nerfs), are Ranged. I was merely lamenting that the melee AD carries have fallen so far off in terms of viability that they literally are not remembered as carries.
Ok, let's avoid going into talks about Noxians, as that's outside my breadth. And yes, Xin was a prisoner in Noxus, which, because it never says otherwise, means he was also a Noxian citizen before he came to that prison. It's implied. :/ You're splitting hairs there. I wasn't here two/three years ago for ADC mid, so I can't truly empathize there. But I remember low levels, when nobody cared about the meta, and I could go in as Garen and get legendary. But yeah. My point is simple. For the game today, if I wanted to build a team of five Demacians, I'd be short one, unless I put Vayne in the lineup, but that would defeat my goal of going in with my five Demacians. It would feel like four Demacians and a Noxian, regardless of her origin. I want an ADC with range who is bright and loud.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze of Grey View Post
Yes, by the game's description of Demacia being an evil destroying group, she is in fact a Demacian. By title, she is in fact Demacian. But by general feel, by basic outlook, by the frickin' color scheme, she. is. not. Demacian. Demacians are bright and sunshiny and rambunctious. Anfanee's got it right. I want the FEEL of a Demacian team. Not a team that runs in with a little creeper hanging out in the shadows. Five Demacians, all loud, all bright, all so pants-ishingly-golden and heroic that the enemy team craps a brick. Vayne is fast, Vayne is the heaviest hitter in the game, and Vayne is a seeker of justice. She's a good champ in her own ways. But she just doesn't match the Demacian style. Principles?? Yes. She has them. I don't see how you keep arguing when I cede that point. Every other Demacian is bright, yes? Yes. They're almost all wearing yellow/gold. Vayne is black. It subtracts from the Demacian feel. :/ I'm not saying black is bad. I'm just saying it doesn't fit with the Demacian IMAGE. Can you not agree that when you hear "Demacia" a golden city comes to mind?
/we begin our descent into race card hell lol

All of the other demacians are part of the military. Vayne, I think is the only non-military demacian. You'll notice that alot of the nations have some sort of bogeyman that doesnt quite fit with the others

Ionia- syndra
Demacia - vayne
Noxus- Riven
Zuan- Blitzcrank???
Piltover- cant think of one for this one off the top of my head
wherever the solari are from- diana
ashe's place - probably tryndamere or somebody like that I dunno


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HellfireSoul

Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze of Grey View Post
So, while carries like Tryndamere and Fiora still exist... The fact that they have to live in stun range and one good stun shuts them down means that they are simply not viable in a serious match.
This. The metagame as it is does not really have the wiggle room for someone with melee range and no resistance to crowd control while doing their job to be a carry. And Fiora is, sadly, laughably poor except as a specific counterpick to the few champions she doesn't get completely wrecked by.

All the guy wants is a bright, loud, flashy champ yelling DEMACIA to run around with Garen and Lux and Xin Zhao having a jolly good time lopping off Noxian heads with. Demacia in general is heavily invested in close range combat as it is, a derpy, shiny hero with a nice shooty attack would be a nice change of pace.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haze of Grey

Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
/we begin our descent into race card hell lol

All of the other demacians are part of the military. Vayne, I think is the only non-military demacian. You'll notice that alot of the nations have some sort of bogeyman that doesnt quite fit with the others

Ionia- syndra
Demacia - vayne
Noxus- Riven
Zuan- Blitzcrank???
Piltover- cant think of one for this one off the top of my head
wherever the solari are from- diana
ashe's place - probably tryndamere or somebody like that I dunno
Thus, this new carry has to be a soldier, of course. I mean, that's the obvious solution, no? A bright shiny loud soldiery Demacian who hits you from a distance AND my prayers go out to them being somewhat viable in competitive play. So that my team of 5 is both viable AND truly shiny and exemplary and just the sigils of Demacia. A Demacian ADC who fits in the Demacian mold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze of Grey View Post
Ok, let's avoid going into talks about Noxians, as that's outside my breadth. And yes, Xin was a prisoner in Noxus, which, because it never says otherwise, means he was also a Noxian citizen before he came to that prison. It's implied. :/ You're splitting hairs there. I wasn't here two/three years ago for ADC mid, so I can't truly empathize there. But I remember low levels, when nobody cared about the meta, and I could go in as Garen and get legendary. But yeah. My point is simple. For the game today, if I wanted to build a team of five Demacians, I'd be short one, unless I put Vayne in the lineup, but that would defeat my goal of going in with my five Demacians. It would feel like four Demacians and a Noxian, regardless of her origin. I want an ADC with range who is bright and loud.
Let me ask you something first real quick. Does Poppy feel at all like a Demacian to you?

Sorry, complete tangent. Anyway, if you're really obsessed with the light/dark dichotomy to the point where dark always has to be evil and light always has to be good (Kingdom Hearts would screw with your head if that's the case), you can just pick one of the other "non-evil" looking ADCs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haze of Grey

Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Let me ask you something first real quick. Does Poppy feel at all like a Demacian to you?

Sorry, complete tangent. Anyway, if you're really obsessed with the light/dark dichotomy to the point where dark always has to be evil and light always has to be good (Kingdom Hearts would screw with your head if that's the case), you can just pick one of the other "non-evil" looking ADCs.
Poppy is a Yordle from Bandle City. Lore tells you she's an ambassador, truly a Yordle, truly from Bandle City, just chilling with Demacians as a sign of peace between the lands. I think it's safe to say no Yordle feels Demacian to me. When did I mention good or evil? You'll note I didn't. You're being a bit ignorant on that point. :/ You assumed something that I never even implied. All I'm saying is I want a bright, loud, shiny team that yells Demacia, and her Batman-esque feel doesn't fit with the team that would represent Demacia. Do you know what the term vigilante means? It means she's shunned. Like Batman. The higher ups do not like her. She would not stand with them in war. It isn't rocket science. I don't want to argue with you guy, but you're just being argumentative.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Yeah, I am argumentative. Yes, Poppy's an ambassador; have you noticed she talks a lot more like a Demacian than the other Yordles? She kinda lives with them; citizenship doesn't require birth y'know.

You never explicitly mentioned good/evil light/dark etc., but the way you initially present yourself sounds like the entire reason you don't like to consider Vayne as a Demacian is indeed the fact that she is not wearing bright platemail and screaming "DEMACIA" (or kiais, in Xin's case) every few seconds. Yes, I took it in a different direction, but I'm still basing it off you noticing that she's not like the other Demacians. That was my point.

Yes, I know what a vigilante is. >.>

And again, I never was debating the idea of a new Demacian or a new carry; I was merely pointing out that, yes, Vayne is completely and fully Demacian. Just like Varus and Syndra are Ionian, Riven is Noxian and Poppy is a Yordle. Just a different character than the stereotype.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze of Grey View Post
Poppy is a Yordle from Bandle City. Lore tells you she's an ambassador, truly a Yordle, truly from Bandle City, just chilling with Demacians as a sign of peace between the lands. I think it's safe to say no Yordle feels Demacian to me. When did I mention good or evil? You'll note I didn't. You're being a bit ignorant on that point. :/ You assumed something that I never even implied. All I'm saying is I want a bright, loud, shiny team that yells Demacia, and her Batman-esque feel doesn't fit with the team that would represent Demacia. Do you know what the term vigilante means? It means she's shunned. Like Batman. The higher ups do not like her. She would not stand with them in war. It isn't rocket science. I don't want to argue with you guy, but you're just being argumentative.
vayne is an aristocrat who from my understanding isn't actually doing anything illegal. I call her a vigilante cuz I don't think she gives a **** lol. But currently I think she is in the league as a representitive for demacian interests who happens to have her own personal interests in stopping the people who run the league for evil purposes. Many demacian characters serve demacia simply because they were raised with that lifestyle. Vayne lives it harder.


1234567 ... 8