Demacia and its lack of an ADC

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze of Grey View Post
I dunno how to quote two people at once, but this is also aimed at Invictrix. Yes, she's demacian, but come on. She looks nothing like the rest of the demacians. She looks like a vampire. I'm not actually well versed on her lore, but if in there somewhere it says she IS a vampire, I wouldn't be shocked. She wear black too. Demacians are about honor and justice and bright colors. I want an honor/justice/bright color adc. Which is where I come to how I agree with Loquisfdom. It needs to be something unique! Something nobody else has. No gun, no bow, no acid spit. Something fresh.
Yeah Vayne is kind of the odd one out as far as Demacians go. I think Riot was trying to make her stand out from the other Demacians like how Riven stands out from the Noxians.

Anyway I am always open to new adcs so I won't complain if they release another one Demacian or otherwise.

Haze of Grey

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
If vayne isnt demacian then what is she? She even follows the demacian ways depending on how you look at it. Then theres also fiora
Fiora doesn't fit the bill. She's got high damage, of course, but she lacks the one thing that makes an ADC a true ADC: range. Miss Fortune, Ashe, Ezreal, Corki, Graves, Kog' Maw, Draven, Varus... They have range. You can kite Fiora for days, and if she wants to deal damage, she has to get in your face. Frankly I think she's underpowered too, but that's a discussion for another thread. And Vayne is really not that Demacian. She's all about killing the evil people. Notice, Xin and Garen and Lux and Jarvan are all "FOR DEMACIA!" Vayne's all depressed, like,"Purge with silver..." That's not a true Demacian. I want it for the feel. I want five glorious *******s charging the enemy screaming,"DEMACIA!!!"

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
I dunno how to quote two people at once, but this is also aimed at Invictrix. Yes, she's demacian, but come on. She looks nothing like the rest of the demacians. She looks like a vampire. I'm not actually well versed on her lore, but if in there somewhere it says she IS a vampire, I wouldn't be shocked. She wears black too. Demacians are about honor and justice and bright colors. I want an honor/justice/bright color adc. Which is where I come to how I agree with Loquisfdom. It needs to be something unique! Something nobody else has. No gun, no bow, no acid spit. Something fresh.
I wouldn't be objecting to adding another Demacian with a different weapon; I'm merely pointing out that, yes, Vayne is a true Demacian. Her family was murdered by a witch, she lived off her inheritance and became an evil-hunting vigilante.

Just because justice comes in the night and wears the darkness as a cloak means nothing.
Quote:
Fiora doesn't fit the bill. She's got high damage, of course, but she lacks the one thing that makes an ADC a true ADC: range.
That's...just depressing actually. Melee carries have deteriorated and been nerfed to the point where they aren't even considered carries by other players because they don't have range.

Shuggles

10-30-2012

How about an ADC that throws books?

Usually books are associated with knowledge, and knowledge is associated with a mage. Even the book items in the game are meant for mages.

So how about a mage who's tired of being a mage, or a brute who is tired of these sandwiches with words?

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggles View Post
How about an ADC that throws books?

Usually books are associated with knowledge, and knowledge is associated with a mage. Even the book items in the game are meant for mages.

So how about a mage who's tired of being a mage, or a brute who is tired of these sandwiches with words?
She doesnt throw books but adc lulu comes to mind

Anfanee

10-30-2012

Come on guys, really all he wants is a ranged ADC that yells DEMACIA!!!!! when attacking. Is that too much to ask?

Lets have a Demacian Air bender....... Can return some abilities back onto the attacker. Would be Rofl.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lore
The people of Demacia are driven by their common cause to disseminate benevolence and justice for the betterment of all beings throughout Valoran. They view malice and selfishness as a disease which should be expunged from the psyche of humankind. Those who come to Demacia and choose to settle within the borders of the city-state are expected to share the ideals and virtues of its citizenry. Those who seek personal gain at the expense of others quickly find themselves ostracized… or worse

Life in Demacia, however, isn’t one of placid utopian dreams. Since the Demacian people pride themselves as the moral vanguards of Valoran, they adopt seemingly draconian measures to ensure that their moral code remains the only code by which one may live within the city-state. Crime in any form is harshly punished; there are no misdemeanors within Demacia. Some detractors of Demacia (who criticize far from the reaches of the city-state) claim this as proof of its inherent hypocrisy. Demacians counter this argument by pointing out that their justice system incorporates benevolence and mitigation into its verdicts. No one is punished without fair and just consideration of the circumstances involved. While others may continue to criticize the harshness of Demacian law, the Demacians stand by their convictions.
How is vayne not demacian? Also the other demacians are mostly soldiers and stuff. Vayne is a vengeful aristocrat vigilante (she is the night)

Haze of Grey

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
I wouldn't be objecting to adding another Demacian with a different weapon; I'm merely pointing out that, yes, Vayne is a true Demacian. Her family was murdered by a witch, she lived off her inheritance and became an evil-hunting vigilante.

Just because justice comes in the night and wears the darkness as a cloak means nothing.

That's...just depressing actually. Melee carries have deteriorated and been nerfed to the point where they aren't even considered carries by other players because they don't have range.
I sense a Batman obsessed summoner O_o Guy, the thing about Demacia is it's shiny and it's loud and it's bright. Every other Demacian follows that bill. Vayne is just... less than Demacian. She's the most Noxian Demacian I have ever seen. And that's including Xin, the guy who's actually from Noxus.

And, while I understand that the term "ADC" stands for Attack Damage Carry, and nowhere in this description is it required that an ADC be ranged, I want to point out that the holy trinity of ADCs these days consists of three ranged, mobile carries. This is because carries tend to build mostly damage and very little defense, if any. That's how you're gonna do the most killing, after all, which is exactly what a carry sets out to do. So, while carries like Tryndamere and Fiora still exist... The fact that they have to live in stun range and one good stun shuts them down means that they are simply not viable in a serious match.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggles View Post
So how about a mage who's tired of being a mage
Rune Soldier Louie comes to mind at that

How about instead, we just leave them a mage, but instead they'll build like a carry just to completely throw everyone off? Wouldn't it be hilarious if Xerath was like that?
Quote:
I sense a Batman obsessed summoner O_o Guy, the thing about Demacia is it's shiny and it's loud and it's bright. Every other Demacian follows that bill. Vayne is just... less than Demacian. She's the most Noxian Demacian I have ever seen. And that's including Xin, the guy who's actually from Noxus.
Batman? What about him? Iron Man blows him out of the water imo.

Xin's not from Noxus, he was a prisoner of Noxus.

And Riven is the most Demacian Noxian I know of. So?

And yes, the "holy trinity" of ADCs, who are really not as powerful as everyone believes (particularly after the last few nerfs), are Ranged. I was merely lamenting that the melee AD carries have fallen so far off in terms of viability that they literally are not remembered as carries.

Haze of Grey

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
How is vayne not demacian? Also the other demacians are mostly soldiers and stuff. Vayne is a vengeful aristocrat vigilante (she is the night)
Yes, by the game's description of Demacia being an evil destroying group, she is in fact a Demacian. By title, she is in fact Demacian. But by general feel, by basic outlook, by the frickin' color scheme, she. is. not. Demacian. Demacians are bright and sunshiny and rambunctious. Anfanee's got it right. I want the FEEL of a Demacian team. Not a team that runs in with a little creeper hanging out in the shadows. Five Demacians, all loud, all bright, all so pants-ishingly-golden and heroic that the enemy team craps a brick. Vayne is fast, Vayne is the heaviest hitter in the game, and Vayne is a seeker of justice. She's a good champ in her own ways. But she just doesn't match the Demacian style. Principles?? Yes. She has them. I don't see how you keep arguing when I cede that point. Every other Demacian is bright, yes? Yes. They're almost all wearing yellow/gold. Vayne is black. It subtracts from the Demacian feel. :/ I'm not saying black is bad. I'm just saying it doesn't fit with the Demacian IMAGE. Can you not agree that when you hear "Demacia" a golden city comes to mind?

123456 ... 8