"If God did not exist, it would be necesary to invent him"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikkiMinami00

10-30-2012

The first time I ever got a shiver from a quote.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Why would it be necessary...?

Is the human condition..

ikkiMinami00

10-30-2012

heh

Powerstoned

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Why would it be necessary...?

Is the human condition..
I'm an atheist, and I know the god/religion thing is needed for humanity. So many incredibely stupid people on the planet, that they need a made up moral code and reward system to stay "in line", even as little as they do. Just as our pets need obdience and rules or they'd be wild murdering animals. You can tell who these people are, because they ask questions like, "If you don't have a god/religion, why don't you just run around killing and stealing?" Like if all of humanity was on the brink of pure anarchy if their god didn't tell them no.

Look at our prison population, theives, murders, rapists, and almost every single one of them is religious and has a god that at least tempers their behaviour a little bit.
Just think if they didn't. I'll try to spread atheism to smart people, but the dumb people really, really need their religion.

The main issue we have, is when you add crazy to stupid, and then you get religious zealots who simply take it too far.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I think it also gives people meaning and a purpose... Life could feel pointless with out the notion that there is something greater than what we know...

I think a fear of death is also motivation...

But yes ultimately I think it is about control...
People need accountability.

Vrouge

Reconsul

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Like if all of humanity was on the brink of pure anarchy if their god didn't tell them no.
The term anarchism derives from the Greek ἄναρχος, anarchos, meaning "without rulers"

ff pls

10-30-2012

So, humans need a god whether one exists or not? As if we would be animals without religion?

That's what i got from the quote.

KesslerCOIL

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff pls View Post
So, humans need a god whether one exists or not? As if we would be animals without religion?

That's what i got from the quote.
How about i put it this way.
What would you be like if no one ever said killing, stealing, raping or anything bad was wrong?
While not all people with religion are like this, those that are; need a constant ruler who tells them what is wrong and is always watching ie God AKA The Parent thats always watching

Epsilon2012

10-31-2012

Quote:
Life could feel pointless with out the notion that there is something greater than what we know...
It's not like I'm depressed for no reason.....