Re-model of Surrender Vote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Turt

10-30-2012

The way summoners surrender should be reformed in a way that actually helps players bring the game to an end. I know it can be aggravating to not be able to surrender when two out of five players don't want to. But it is a majority vote if three players want to surrender and the other two don't. I do understand however that Riot just wants to be fair to its players.
However I don't really want to focus on that problem. What should be changed is that when a player decides to call for a surrender and four out five players vote, three saying yes and one saying no, and the last person doesn't vote, needs to be changed. When the last person abstains from voting then therefore they did not cast a vote. Then the vote is three people wanting to surrender, one not wanting to surrender, and the other not voting. A 3/1 vote is a majority and it should allow the players to end the game.
If someone abstains it shouldn't be counted as a no. If a player goes AFK or just doesn't want to vote during the game and the team is ready to surrender then their vote shouldn't count. It is simply unfair to let three players have to wait to move on to their next game.
Also if two people abstain and two say yes, and one said no, then it should be a surrender in my opinion. If two people abstain they obviously don't care about the match or how the match ends and it would only be one person saying no. The two people shouldn't have to remain in a game because only one player said no.
I believe this wouldn't be to big of a change and it should help people move past matches that will not end because someone abstains from giving their vote.

Zhente

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I sort of disagree with this.
I've had a few time where I couldn't vote, as I'd be in the middle of a teamfight. The carry dies, gets pissed that they were focused and calls a surrender. Three of the five were in a teamspeak,myself included. One by one we were picked off, until I was left standing. All but one chose to surrender, and I was the deciding vote. Problem was, I was still fighting when the timer ran out. Was I going to stop what I was doing, take away the slightest bit of concentration to use /ff or hit the surrender button? No. That would've cost me my triple and the win for the game.

Devious Rogue

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhente View Post
I sort of disagree with this.
I've had a few time where I couldn't vote, as I'd be in the middle of a teamfight. The carry dies, gets pissed that they were focused and calls a surrender. Three of the five were in a teamspeak,myself included. One by one we were picked off, until I was left standing. All but one chose to surrender, and I was the deciding vote. Problem was, I was still fighting when the timer ran out. Was I going to stop what I was doing, take away the slightest bit of concentration to use /ff or hit the surrender button? No. That would've cost me my triple and the win for the game.
^

infinite azure

10-31-2012

I disagree, abstaining from voting isn't the same as voting yes, and should continue to be regarded as no.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

I rather agree that a null vote should be counted as a half-way vote. Sure, keep the 75% requirement to surrender, but count a non-vote as a half yes, half no vote