1700+ wins on Normal and Still low Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThirdEyeCrow

10-30-2012

I don't understand this game. I try and I try, but I cant get over my loses. I'm convinced that I just suck at LoL. I want to get better at ranked. I have a friend who I KNOW is worse than me. In every draft game we play, he feeds, he cant use teamwork, and rages constantly. I do none of those things. In fact, the opposite. How is it he is at an average 1500 elo while I am struggling to get out of 1200? It's not fair, and It's driving me nuts because I know I deserve a better elo. Someone please help me, all my games are solo, maybe I need a duo partner or coaching? Just PLEASE help me.

deirin

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeCrow View Post
I don't understand this game. I try and I try, but I cant get over my loses. I'm convinced that I just suck at LoL. I want to get better at ranked. I have a friend who I KNOW is worse than me. In every draft game we play, he feeds, he cant use teamwork, and rages constantly. I do none of those things. In fact, the opposite. How is it he is at an average 1500 elo while I am struggling to get out of 1200? It's not fair, and It's driving me nuts because I know I deserve a better elo. Someone please help me, all my games are solo, maybe I need a duo partner or coaching? Just PLEASE help me.
yea, i guess ill add you and tell you whats wrong...1700 game and at 1200 i pity you ...so yea ill help you out i guess ;d...ill try adding you...

Prof Zuhayr

10-30-2012

*No offence to any Spanish only speaking players*
but its a given fact you raise elo if you dodge Spanish speaking players.
Wards win games.
btw Season 3 is starting soon so it resets your elo

deirin

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Zuhayr View Post
*No offence to any Spanish only speaking players*
but its a given fact you raise elo if you dodge Spanish speaking players.
Wards win games.
btw Season 3 is starting soon so it resets your elo
nice comment....but idk if its that true...a lol troll is a lol troll...spanish or not <.<...lol...

Maniac Manny

10-30-2012

There are summoners who have the potential to be 2200 elo but are stuck in elo hell. Maybe your friend just was carried or maybe he plays differently. Ranked and normal games have nothing in common in my opinion. It's a whole other world which requires pinpoint teamwork rather than normals where people don't take them as seriously as ranked queues. I say keep playing, the more you play, the better chance you'll have of earning elo and raising the bar. Never surrender, you just never know!

Rokkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Never surrender, you just never know!
^
Great advice.

Dorsia

10-31-2012

Try to focus on jungling or playing mid. If you're mid, try someone who is mobile (to gank lanes) and farms exceptionally well.

Make sure you ward and pay attention to the mini map

LessHerpMoreDerp

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmagics View Post
Never surrender, you just never know!
^
Great advice.
in my oppinion, you don't know when you lost when you say that. + being a ****** wasting time on a lost game while your teammates AND opponents want to play a game where there actually IS a chance to win or get to the next match sooner

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

If you have that many wins under your belt you should be higher than that. If not, you get what you deserve. I advise reevaluating how you do things, also only playing champions you are GREAT with in ranked. Its how I climb. I kind of gave up until Season 3 because I hit 1330 and got trolled. Regardless, I was at 900 at the beginning of Fall.

Find something you're EPIC at, and play that. Unless it is support, you're very unlikely to carry yourself out with support. Also Duo Que, even if they are only "OK" they are a guaranteed team partner that will work with you through thick and thin.

Its tough, I know. Though, it does seem you have some what of a defeated attitude. That will lose you games. NEVER for one second believe you're going to lose, or you will.

t0ad5

10-31-2012

Also, suggest to dodge obvious losses at champ select before they have a chance to drag you further down.

30 min queue timer > having to win 2 games to make up for trolls and people that clearly don't care to work as a team.

Queue timer often punishes wrong people, but it is what we are stuck with; hope they improve this somehow.

I personally too often give people the benefit of the doubt and wind up losing because of them - be smarter than that and trust your instinct; after that many games, you should be able to pick them out decently.