Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In response to Yegg's post about ranked Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutePK

10-31-2012

Quote:
WaterD103:
Actually what they fear is that they will stop playing SR.

I'm more shocked that 3 million people can actually stand playing only SR whenever they log on.

Which just made me realize something, they have these infographics saying how many teemos die per second, why can't they list active player base numbers for each game mode?

NamKim

10-31-2012

Quote:
AbsolutePK:
I'm more shocked that 3 million people can actually stand playing only SR whenever they log on.

A lot of my friends that only play SR...I will tell you right now that out of all my friends, I rage the least. Something about Dominion makes me stress out less. Even when I do play SR, I feel the temptation to rage at someone, even if it is my fault. When I play Dominion, I tend to go "well, we gave it our all."

FOODFOOD

10-31-2012

Whoa, he answered my question in that thread. Not the answer I wanted

I feel like Riot is just a series of empty promises when it comes to Dominion. They keep saying that they plan to support it, that they want to give it love. Well they've been saying that for months, and we haven't seen any real red post in ages on our forum. NOTHING. Riot has done nothing to grow this community outside of making the map itself. It's been 100% comprised of the community, with things like Dominate Dominion, Sauron/player guides, and our help on the forums.

In short, DD TheFeedski is the man and has done a thousand times more for this community than any rioter has.

lbgsloan

10-31-2012

I've been playing Dominion (and LoL since it's the only mode I'll play beyond bot games with friends) less and less, and this is pretty much the final kicker for me. I already heavily suspected ranked was never going to happen, but a red post flat out saying they have no intentions of ranked Dominion seals it. The 'condition' that they want to grow the community more first? It's cause and effect; no ranked, no growth. No growth, no ranked apparently. Proving Grounds will get ranked before Dominion does if that's Riot's metric on such things.

Anyway, I've had enough at this point. I do at least appreciate Riot coming relatively clean on their stance for once. Time to move on to other games for me, this will be my last post here.

Duelpower

10-31-2012

At least give us ranked teams. How is that any ****ing different than treeline? HOW?

Nny

10-31-2012

I will say this: I think Riot is in a better position to know what to do for Dominion than we are.

That is not to say they are infallible (They're far from that), but they have a lot more information and knowledge on their side than we do.

That said, I stopped playing Dominion (Which is what I played almost exclusively to level 30) after they took away hidden elo for the second time. I had a lot of fun raising elo from 1600->1900, and when they took that away I just lost all desire to play it. It'd be one thing if I was good enough to partake in the tournaments, but there's nothing at all for someone around my skill level.

So it was off to ranked SR for me. Still think Dominion is more fun (And leaps and bounds better community), but I'd rather play the competitive mode. I was really looking forward to ranked dominion in season 3, so that just means even longer that I don't play

Tempestphile

10-31-2012

Sorry, I tried to remain calm, but all i came up with is this

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Ahlen

10-31-2012

Quote:
IronAegis:
Ranked has been the carrot on the stick that drives a lot of long time Dominion players, though. Knowing that ranked isn't coming in the near future could cut into a playerbase that's already small.

Really? I know I play Dominion because it's not SR. I played DOTA for 5 or 6 years before I started with LoL, and I know I was tired as hell of the classic map style.

To me Dominion is the better format because it truly shows who is the most mechanically skilled at playing heroes.

That said, I don't give a **** about ranked because I don't care about online e-peen and just play to have fun. Another queue to split up the already small queue sounds like a crappy idea to me.

Ikruti

10-31-2012

What I don't understand is why Riot is hesitant to add Ranked. What exactly are they afraid of?

That it would attract a lot of players? I highly doubt that's it.
That it would detract players? I haven't spoken to a single Dominion player yet that doesn't support having a Ranked mode. If it's a problem of splitting the queues, remove the Normal Draft. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the number of people who play Normal Draft Dominion who would NOT play Ranked Draft Dominion is probably in the teens.

About the only thing I can see is they simply don't want to take the effort to do so. And if that's the case, it sort of speaks volumes about all their posts on how they want to nurture Dominion.

This is just my personal opinion but the vibe I'm getting from Riot is that they really wish they never released Dominion and are trying their best to forget about it but the Dominion community won't let them. So they toss us vague statements every once in a while to mollify the community. The funniest thing is they've put themselves in a Catch 22 at this point. Say nothing and they're ignoring us. Say something and no one believes them. Action is the only thing that will satisfy the mob at this point, anything else is just lip service.

Golly

10-31-2012

Quote:
Ahlen:
Really? I know I play Dominion because it's not SR. I played DOTA for 5 or 6 years before I started with LoL, and I know I was tired as hell of the classic map style.

To me Dominion is the better format because it truly shows who is the most mechanically skilled at playing heroes.

That said, I don't give a **** about ranked because I don't care about online e-peen and just play to have fun. Another queue to split up the already small queue sounds like a crappy idea to me.

You are the first person I've come in contact with that plays Dominion that doesn't support ranked.