In response to Yegg's post about ranked Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg
We don't feel like adding ranked is the right way to support Dominion right now. We'd prefer to focus on growing the community first through supporting the map in other ways, and then we'll look at adding another queue.
I'm going to remain calm, and hopefully generate some discussion about this, and maybe get some detailed information from Riot.

I know that no kind of plea directly to Riot regarding ranked will change their mind, so I will spare the drama and the frustrated comments that raced through my head when I initially read the post.

I'm referring to the comments Yegg made about growing the community and supporting the map in other ways. I would like to know what the plan is regarding that. I would love to see an expansion of the small community that is Dominion into something more populated.

If they don't have a detailed plan that they can share with us, maybe a broad overview? I am eagerly awaiting anything Riot can tell us about it.

Regards,
Golly

Edit: Updated Response
Edit 2: Clarity
Edit 3: Reddit Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan
You just contradicted yourself by saying this right after saying "no ranked for Dominion".

There are a lot of us who take Dominion as seriously as some players who take Ranked Summoners Rift, but we have no platform or place (except for one time a week with Dominate Dominion) to get competitive or see how we match up against our peers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg
I hear you and I agree that it sucks that there's no way to see how you match up with other players in Dominion right now. However, adding a queue (or changing a queue to have visible Elo and the like) is a bigger deal than you would think in terms of the work involved, both on the backend and for the client.

I want to keep this thread focused on the season end and ranked rewards, but I'll continue talking to the team about what you guys are saying. In closing, we DO want to support Dominion players, and that very well might involve adding a ranked queue during Season 3. We haven't decided that we'll never do it, and we agree that there are good reasons to add it. There are just other ways that we'd rather focus our efforts in terms of supporting the map at the moment.
Thread discussion can be found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744128

In a thread on Reddit from Morello regarding Dominion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowsluck
I remember hearing similar things when Dominion came out. After a few minor tweaks here and there you guys haven't really touched it. Do you plan to do more with TT than you did with Dominion and is there any support for Dominion coming soon? Also what are the odds of seeing soloqueue ranked on TT/Dominion or draft mode for TT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorelloRiot
Yeah - we've had a bad support structure for this in the past. We've fixed that now for this launch

Dominion will need heavy work before maintenance, but it'll get some too after that
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...es_ama/c6titxa

AbsolutePK

10-30-2012

He's not going to look at the Dominion forums.

Golly

10-30-2012

Doesn't necessarily have to be Yegg. Would be nice to have some info from anyone who has info.

A Slime Appears

10-30-2012

Admitting there are no plans for ranked sounds like a good way to ensure the community DOESN'T grow. I'd like some insight into the logic behind that move.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

If you ask me the best way at this point to support ranked dominion is to stop playing dominion altogether, otherwise you are just stating that dominion doesn't really need ranked for you to play.

1 800 DANE SUCKS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

What they don't seem to get is the problem with the rest of the League of Legends communities opinion of Dominion. Most players regard dominion as a waste of time or a place to test out champions, and the reason its considered so is because there is no ranked. There is nothing to work toward in dominion. at the moment, you play dominion for the sake of playing dominion. thats as far as it goes.

in summoner's rift and TT, you play normals to get better at the meta so that when you are confident enough, you take the leap into ranked play to increase your ELO. dominion is just to play dominion at this point in time.

personally i love playing dominion, but i end up playing SR more often because thats what my friends play. why won't they play DOM? because they don't take it serious. why don't they take it serious? because there's no ranked play.

players need something to work toward in dominion, otherwise they're just going to get bored with it because they feel like its not going to progress anywhere for them.

WaterD103

10-30-2012

I even have a hard time to believe riot are so stupid as to not grasp this, so there must exist more shenigans behind their decisions.

AbsolutePK

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 800 DANE SUCKS View Post
Players need something to work toward in dominion, otherwise they're just going to get bored with it because they feel like its not going to progress anywhere for them.
I already have, I do 1 Dominion game to test my luck, if I lose I go to co-op vs AI for my win of the day and then do a few ARAM and log off.

We'll probably be getting another official game mode or a map editor type deal to enable/disable some map features (like jungle camps, tower placements, toggle on/off capture point on Dominion) for more diverse custom games before we actually get ranked Dominion.

urmamasllama

10-30-2012

i doubt he realizes the **** storm he probably just sparked

i'm too tired to get mad though

Hamm3rhand

10-30-2012

the worst part about this quote to me is "we haven't decided we will never do it"...which to me implies that NEVER adding ranked to dominion has been discussed before. I just don't understand. I know he said its a lot of work but i don't see how that can be, as didn't a red like 2 weeks after it released said they had ranked ready and just waiting to flip the switch?