Why I hate the new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benjiboy87

10-30-2012

In my first game on TT after the Shadow Isles patch, I had a blast. I used the alters to my advantage, I got an awesome kill spread, and I rolled right through my opponents. It felt great.

On my SECOND game, I was decimated. The enemy team played gank-o-rama, and there was nothing I could do to keep my team from being slaughtered every time we pushed. Sure, part of that is that nobody called "mia" when they should have. I am used to this being the case in every blind-pick queue every. What I am NOT used to is the lack of wards.

I mean, seriously, what the hell was Riot thinking taking out WARDS? Somebody said something about the alters giving vision. BS! They let you see when somebody is standing on them so you can defend them, but if you just walk AROUND THE ALTER, nobody can see you coming. This is problem number 1.

Number 2 is the buff for controlling both alters. It's far too powerful. 10% increase AP and AD means you simply win teamfights, unless you've been intentionally feeding all game. There's not much "if" to it - you simply win. There's no balance to that, especially since it's easy to achieve by 10 minutes or so if you try.

With baron buff on Summoner's Rift, the balancing point is that you won't have the buff until late game. The alter buff can be had as soon as 5 minutes in if you coordinate well with your team. There's. No. Balance. To. That.

Also, let's talk about the 1 alter buff of 4 extra gold per unit killed. That seems okay, since both teams will have it, so it will speed the game up and nothing else, right? Oh wait, that just means that champs who dominate midgame get to their midgame item set in under ten minutes and procede to dominate any early- or late-game champions that somebody foolishly thought they could pick for this game mode. Before, you could simply turtle and wait out the midgame champs. Now that Yorick and Jax can get their gold that much faster, who's to stop them from turret diving your squishy level 9 self at 15 minutes, and thus pushing through for a major gold advantage?

In short, due to the complete polarity of champion affectiveness and the lack of wards, I'm sick of the new TT map after only two games. Sure, I kinda wanna know what happens if you manage to kill that ungodly powerful spider boss, but I don't think I want to suffer through any more horrible games to learn it.

Tilomentry

10-30-2012

To be fair, if wards were allowed, the whole map would be revealed unless you got a teammate who was a real ***** about their gold.

beatinbuddy

10-30-2012

That may be true but thy have a bush just outside turret range. Bot lane was me as Karthus and an Ezreal against a Talon and a LeBlanc. The Talon got a lucky early kill or two and then steam rolled through silence jumps from the bush to us, slow blade us and then kill us or run off to do so about 20-30 seconds later. You can hardly push the lane and hope to survive with late-game/squishies like that and without the wards we couldn't do anything to stop him other than go under our turrets where the two of them dove us as their Olaf hopped in for more slows and tanking. Even with a Rengar it didn't turn out well.

beatinbuddy

10-30-2012

There's also really no counter for super hp players without blood razors. Olaf hit 3k hp and required a 3v1 for any hopes of killing him.