What kind of Copyright is on League of Legends Music

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krazymouse

10-30-2012

Recently, I just discovered the soundcloud page for all the League of Legends music, and I was wondering what kind of copyright it has? Riot has all the songs available to download on Soundcloud, but I would like to know what kind of license it is under. Is it Creative Commons (Please oh please!) or is it the traditional strict kind of copyright?

I really want to use some of the soundtracks for a student film I'm working on, and after I wanted to use the music as background soundtrack in it.

Thank You!

Carmilia

10-30-2012

Wich webpage? o:

AbyssionKnight

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
Wich webpage? o:
http://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends/spotlight

DubiousKing

10-31-2012

From SoundCloud's Terms of Use:

Quote:
By uploading Your Content to the Platform, you also grant a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, licence to other users of the Platform, and to users of any other websites, apps and/or platforms to which Your Content has been shared or embedded using the Services (“Linked Services”), to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works of, make available and otherwise communicate to the public Your Content within the parameters set by you using the Services.
I would assume this means that, because you are a user of SoundCloud, you have a limited licence to use any music uploaded onto the SoundCloud account, provided it actually is managed by Riot. If the account isn't managed by Riot, then whoever set it up would probably be in a load of trouble.

Don't take my word for it, though. I know near nothing about copyright laws, I just happen to be slightly familiar with looking up and reading legal gibberish.

Krazymouse

10-31-2012

Quote:
You can limit and restrict the availability of certain of Your Content to other users of the Platform, and to users of Linked Services, at any time using the settings on the sound page for each sound you upload, subject to the provisions of the Disclaimer section below.
Not necessarily, because they can limit the rights, which many do. And they don't explicitly say, so I don't know. Hoping for a red post with the answer.

Krazymouse

11-29-2012

Bump. Riot, can I have a simple response please just a yes or a no for creative commons.

Krazymouse

12-26-2012

Bumpy Bump?