Flash or Ghost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dehunter456

10-29-2012

I've always wondered when to use ghost over flash. With ghost, you can move through units and move really fast, but if you are slowed, stunned, or snared, then I think that you are pretty much screwed. While with flash, you can use it to gank, initiate, catch up to someone, or make an escape over a wall.

Since I don't play draft pick that much, I just want another reason when to use ghost over flash or flash over ghost other than "when the team has low CC".

DZipMe

10-29-2012

depends.
mostly flash

CounterSnipe

10-29-2012

Ghost allows you to stick to people, or kite them very effectively. Jax/singed/olaf/ all usually take this ability because it allows them to stick to enemies in team fights and do lots of damage even if they become displaced.

Flash is for the more risky plays such as ganking from behind a tower and then flashing to safety, or for baron steals. It's also good for running away/ going through walls to escape from people.

It really depends on the champion being played to be honest.

Burbinator

10-29-2012

Ghost lets you cover more total distance. It's far better for high roam maps like dominion, or if you plan on doing a lot of split pushing, or yes, sticking to carries. As you said, being cc'ed makes ghost not very useful. Thus there's only a few champions that regularly take ghost over flash:

singed: faster movement speed means more poison. He likes to split push a lot, and his ultimate grants high cc reduction.

olaf: cc immunity from ultimate so he makes a lot of use out of ghost. Lacks a good way of otherwise sticking on carries.

poppy: COMPLETE immunity from everyone except her target, which includes cc. good for sticking to people.

hecarim: obvious synergy with his passive, his ultimate is already a gap closer for initiating.

tryndamere: already has a spin to cross walls and whatnot, often taken in combination with cleanse, good for sticking to people as he lacks natural MS buff.

vlad: pool can be used for instantly getting out of bad situatoins, and ghost + pool will travel at least as much if not more distance than flash wouldve

Jax: a high sustained damage dealer, its nice to stick onto people and also if you carry wards you can use his q to jump over walls.

ashe/kog: in COMBINATION with flash, ghost is also viable, since they will often not be close enough to use ignite anyway and they play defensively in early lane phase, and supports take exhaust for you. Cleanse however is still proabbly more useful depending on the enemy team comp.

note that for pretty much everyone except singed and maybe olaf, flash is still quite viable instead of ghost on these champions. It simply depends on your playstyle.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

10-29-2012

ghost if you like to stick to people and are not worried about be stuck in a bad position.

flash if you want a guarantee dodge or escape from trouble, that is not affected by cc unlick ghost.

fastplay

10-30-2012

I would give a exmple of when to go ghost over flash is for olaf since he can not be cc when his ult up and his q let him stuck to people with ghost you almost never in a bad position beacuse how fast he can get the kill.

A6yearoldgamer

10-30-2012

Flash is the best ever trust me it is better than ghost gets you out of stuns and so on easier.

turrdfergason

10-30-2012

9 times out of 10 take flash

wukong takes ghost usually

Burbinator

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrdfergason View Post
9 times out of 10 take flash

wukong takes ghost usually
No. Not really.

Taitasu san

10-30-2012

Most of the time you'll use flash.