All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ15 View Post
Sorry if this has been talked about in other threads but I just thought of a great idea. Generally speaking here, we know that LOL does not have one of the best gaming communities out there so I thought this idea could GREATLY improve the LOL experience to new players and players who are thinking about leaving b/c off all of the trolls out there.
In ranked, most people ***** and moan about their position in the game. (top,mid,jungle,etc) It may take longer to find a match but what if Riot implemented a lane Que similar to raids in WOW and LOTRO. Meaning you can pick a lane you would like to play in a ranked game before it starts, then once you find a match you there wont be complaining on which lane you get during the game b/c you have already picked it prior so it makes everybody happy! Add some input and thoughts to this thread please, I thought it would be a great idea to lower the frustration and trolls out there in the game and make it an overall HUGE help to the game experience.
Posting this here, another thread about RBQ. =]

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkshroud View Post
I havent been keeping up completely with the thread so I havent read all 18 pages of posts so this may have been suggested already.
Suggestions: What about instead of just choosing one role you can choose multiple roles from a checklist.
Ex: Mid, solotop, duotop, support
This way they will be open to playing multiple roles and it could be less likely for issues to come.
Yep, that's exactly the idea. It wouldn't work if you could only queue for one role.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-28-2012

Looks like Pogo saw the thread but forgot to bump this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcowns View Post
riot im tired of these teams that you get into champion selection and you have 3 people fighting over a lane or specific role in the game. i would just like to make a suggestion that would fix this problem. when you hit play and do your selection for summoners rift, have them choose a role such as: mid, adc, jungle, support, top. they then get put into there own ques where each would be put into a game. this would lessen arguements between players trying to play nicely. you could still switch roles if you agree but it would get the callings for roles as fast as you can out of the way. put in a report option for those who dont follow the role they choose (trolls for example).
just a suggestion, any comments are welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDM View Post
Yea there is an abundance of these threads, but it goes to show the persistence of the problem and something needs to be done.
True! Best way to get attention for this is to talk about it here!

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-28-2012

These issues have been addressed in this thread, but they are common arguments against RBQ, so it's worth addressing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk9003 View Post
What happens when a troll decides to pick something different then the one he said he wanted.
Trolls will troll. RBQ can't stop them. They troll in the current system, they'll troll in RBQ. That's what Tribunal is for, and it's been pretty effective! The thing to consider here is that a large amount of "trolling" is really just someone throwing the game because they feel that they are entitled to a certain lane and someone else beat them to it. RBQ stops that from happening.

Quote:
What happens when you are a good adc with 1 champ and you Q in hoping to get it and it gets banned, cant switch to anything else cause you apparently Qued.
RBQ isn't intended to help anyone play only one champ, or even only one role. If you only like one champ and that champ gets banned, you are stuck, same as with the current system.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Riot will never do this. They do not want to officially sponsor "the meta" as it would slow or completely stop the evolution of new strategies in the game, which would ultimately result in the game becoming stagnant.
I hear this a lot, here and in the /r/leageoflegends subreddit, but no one can actually link the Red post where Riot says this. I'd be thrilled if they put forth an opinion on the matter. So would Pogo, I'm sure. =] But I don't really buy that they are against the meta. We see professional teams promoted in the launcher who adhere to the meta very strictly. We hear champs described in terms of the meta in the Summoner Spotlight videos. We've seen changes in s3 that address how it can be sort of boring to be a 0 cs support. I think Riot is pretty comfortable with the meta, to be honest.

Quote:
I also believe that doing this would drastically slow down queue times, as I'm sure not that many people would be joining for support or jungler.
This is possibly true. But how much time is wasted from people dropping queue in failed champ select? How much time (and Elo) is wasted in games with someone playing a role they don't know, or worse yet, someone who decides to troll because they didn't get the role they wanted?

Quote:
Also, since I have started calling "I'll fill", I have noticed people arguing less over roles. It could be a coincidence, but I feel that one person conceding to play a "****ty" role leads others to be inclined to do the same.
I also call "fill", and I also tend to end up playing support. But sadly I still see people arguing over the other roles.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigoth View Post
When you joined a ranked game and your team is stubborn and are going to troll and you dodge to save not only your elo but everyone elses why do you get punished cause you left matchmaking? have to wait an hour because everyone was going mid in 800 elo not going any further into low elo so im going to dodge. I belive we should fix this in a way where you can still get punished for leaving but not if you dont dodge often or have to waste time when you could play a different game of fix it where you dodge youre team from previous chamo select wont get you again.
This is an issue that RBQ would fix! Thoughts?

KlunkTheSpaceCat

01-04-2013

Replying to this here, to try and keep this all in one thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Everyone has a chance at being top pick in normals, and in ranked. The problem isn't the system, but rather the players (the trolls) using the system. They'll still be using the new system, and nothing will change.
True, trolls will troll. However, the aim of RBQ is not to stop people from ruining other people's online gaming experience, if someone logs into League hoping to ruin the game for 4 other people, they will succeed until they get banned by the Tribunal. What RBQ stops is the conflict that comes from two (or more) well-meaning players who cannot play more than one or two roles fighting in champ select over who gets to do what. I don't have any data on the percentage of games ruined by two people on a team who want the same role, but in my experience it accounts for a large amount of the conflict seen within teams on Summoner's Rift.

Quote:
Ranked is meant to be a measure of your skill at League of Legends. I don't think playing ADC 24/7 all day is an accurate measure of your skill. Even the pros have to play a role other than the one they main occasionally.
I think this is an important consideration. However, remember that RBQ guarantees a balanced team for you and for your opponents. Therefore you will see fewer snowball games where one player wins their lane by a large margin, because you won't face opponents who are playing a role they are not comfortable with. Additionally, the ability to play (and potentially queue) for multiple roles will prove useful for counter-picking and champ swapping, and provide an advantage that way.

I don't think RBQ would have a real effect on Elo. Currently you are just as likely to have the "I don't know how to play my lane" feeder as your opponent, and this evens out in the long run. The problem is that those games are pretty un-fun because you're either not being challenged because you got fed, not being challenged because you're getting carried, or having no fun because you're getting stomped.

adc

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlunkTheSpaceCat View Post
Replying to this here, to try and keep this all in one thread.

True, trolls will troll. However, the aim of RBQ is not to stop people from ruining other people's online gaming experience, if someone logs into League hoping to ruin the game for 4 other people, they will succeed until they get banned by the Tribunal. What RBQ stops is the conflict that comes from two (or more) well-meaning players who cannot play more than one or two roles fighting in champ select over who gets to do what. I don't have any data on the percentage of games ruined by two people on a team who want the same role, but in my experience it accounts for a large amount of the conflict seen within teams on Summoner's Rift.

I think this is an important consideration. However, remember that RBQ guarantees a balanced team for you and for your opponents. Therefore you will see fewer snowball games where one player wins their lane by a large margin, because you won't face opponents who are playing a role they are not comfortable with. Additionally, the ability to play (and potentially queue) for multiple roles will prove useful for counter-picking and champ swapping, and provide an advantage that way.

I don't think RBQ would have a real effect on Elo. Currently you are just as likely to have the "I don't know how to play my lane" feeder as your opponent, and this evens out in the long run. The problem is that those games are pretty un-fun because you're either not being challenged because you got fed, not being challenged because you're getting carried, or having no fun because you're getting stomped.
Regardless, the point of League of Legends is to win, whichever role you get put into in champion select. If you could somehow guarantee you only had to play one role, it would make it easier to climb.

KnightxSScarlett

01-04-2013

The point of League of Legends is to have fun. Sorry, are we not playing games here?

adc

01-04-2013

No, the point of League of Legends is to win. The point of PLAYING the game is to have fun. There's a difference.