All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-21-2012

Double jungle is risky, but I honestly think it can work if you got a premade 5 team that practiced it.

There are two ideas on how to do double jungle. You can either take two tanky champions that are good at counter jungling, and one takes Dragon side while the other takes Baron side (say like Shyvana and Nunu). Or alternatively, you could take a support-tanky jungle and move an ADC or your AP carry into the jungle and they path together. Think about Maokai/Katarina jungle, for example, or perhaps Nunu/Graves jungle.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

By the way, I highly encourage everyone to go to the links on the first page and downvote all of these threads until they're locked so that these alternative threads quit getting bumped or nerco'd. You should be doing this whether you're for or against role-queuing. The only way Riot to get any sort of Riot comment on this issue is by keeping a consolidated discussion all in one place. Part of doing that includes making sure people in those other threads know to come here (and by locking those other threads, that issue gets forced).

But as it stands now, even after a link to this thread is provided in those threads, people still continue to post in those other threads as if they're getting anything accomplished.

If you want Riot involved with this issue, everyone needs to be having the same discussion. None of the threads I've linked have very many pages worth of posts. Most only last 2 or 3 pages max (some don't even make it to the second page), where as this post right now is happening on the 16th page.

There are 16 pages worth of already discussed points on the issue. And I'm sure there will be more to come.

Shardbearer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Hey I made another role select thread.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

A lot of new threads added to the list today.

ADC onIy

12-24-2012

Ive read alot of these posts and i consistently see the starter of this thread BASHING on anyone who suggests this. Quit being so arrogant this game needs changes and help in the "lower elo class"

I read about 2 que's. THATS A BRILLIANT IDEA. That way the higher elo players could still have there conventinal way to play. But this system really needs to be fixed. Elo hell is very real and it does exist.

As far as pogo goes. Be more respectful to people instead of laying into them over some idea you dont like. Its just rude

adc

12-24-2012

Elo hell doesn't exist. Over a large number of games, you WILL rise to the Elo you belong at (if you belong higher). Besides, this system wouldn't help at all. Someone would queue for support and go mid and we'd have the same problems. It simply can't work. It's been beaten to death in a million threads, and new people thinking they had a revolutionary idea every day without searching can deal with a bit of rudeness.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAWAX21xX View Post
Ive read alot of these posts and i consistently see the starter of this thread BASHING on anyone who suggests this. Quit being so arrogant this game needs changes and help in the "lower elo class"

I read about 2 que's. THATS A BRILLIANT IDEA. That way the higher elo players could still have there conventinal way to play. But this system really needs to be fixed. Elo hell is very real and it does exist.

As far as pogo goes. Be more respectful to people instead of laying into them over some idea you dont like. Its just rude
There's a difference between bashing and disagreeing. I haven't bashed anyone. If I disagree and completely refute all of someone's posts with logic and common sense, that's not bashing.

If you want to hop in on page 16 and claim I've been doing nothing but bashing people, then you're going to have to quote the post where I'm bashing someone.

If you want to ignore all the reasons why role-queuing is a bad idea and suggest that it's something that should happen on page 16, then you're going to have to bring something new to the argument that hasn't already been refuted.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm bashing you.

If Timmy made a post that said Katarina is a great jungler, and I replied with "Katarina is a terrible jungler, here is why" and listed 5 reasons why Katarina is a terrible jungler, am I bashing Timmy because I disagreed with him and gave a list of 5 reasons why he's wrong? Is that seriously your definition of "bashing"?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

It's pretty cool that the original post is maintaining about the same number of upvotes as it is links.

TJ Crimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

TJ Crimson
2 Hours Ago

"Allow players to have a queue filter for roles they can/want to play, roles they want to be paired with, and filter out roles they do not want to be paired with to improve pairing results for Ranked queue.

Please, do not bash this idea; I would like a mature response or reason as to why this should/shouldn't exist, how you feel about this idea, etc."

With the responses that I got from people about queue times being drastically long, they fail to understand that I said this should be an option (hint: allow) and not forced upon every player, much less every queue.

Imagine this working well with players who can only play one role and want to queue in as such, albeit it doesn't guarantee they are the best at it, but it will help them fit in with the team they queue with, not only eliminating the champion select arguments that develop from the role calling phase, but it can also improve the experience of solo Ranked.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

By splitting players into yet another queue type (giving the option), you're actually making the queue length for BOTH kinds of queues even worse than it would be if you're just forcing them into one type or the other. This isn't a solution to the queue time issue.