All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
[...]Anyway, whether a red posts in this thread, we find an ancient red post on the topic, or a red posts something on the topic in some other thread, any information related to this topic posted by Riot employees will be edited in to one of the page 1 posts.
Thanks for your diligence with consolidating the threads on this issue. While I think a role-based queue would solve a lot of problems, I agree that a response would be nice and it's not very useful to have a new separate thread on the topic every 30 minutes. Apologies for necro-ing a few of the older ones ;]

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Is there going to be an option for "Support if I'm first pick and the other team doesn't ban Blitz, otherwise Mid"?
Great question! I'll reply to it in the thread with 100 replies already. No need to have a billion threads about this. But that would be easy, you just queue for mid and support, and when you get your match you let your teammates know that's what you want to do! If they can work with that, you're good to go! Declaring which roles you'd like to play certainly wouldn't preclude you from playing any champ in your repertoire, no more so than typing "mid/support" in champ select chat does. The advantage of the role-based queue is that you know that there is at least one person on your team that can play each role.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-19-2012

Another one to add. Popular idea, I guess!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2923320

EloGravityField

12-20-2012

obviously there is a way to keep people from going garen mid--by forcing them to only pick lanes based on the character's description. its already in the champion store, how hard would it be to implement into the queuing?

EloGravityField

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
This already exists. It's called queuing with 4 friends.
its also called sometimes everyone you want to play with is offline, and you dont feel like losing because all the randoms on your team think Vi will do well bottom lane.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgbertDaime View Post
its also called sometimes everyone you want to play with is offline, and you dont feel like losing because all the randoms on your team think Vi will do well bottom lane.
Well, this solution is primarily aimed at solo/duo queue.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-20-2012

Quote:
obviously there is a way to keep people from going garen mid--by forcing them to only pick lanes based on the character's description. its already in the champion store, how hard would it be to implement into the queuing?
I'd argue that beyond indicating the role for which the system matched you, players should feel free to choose whatever champ they like! And queuing for multiple roles (or for one role, but being skilled with multiple roles) will still be an advantage if the opportunity to counter pick arises!

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle X D View Post
Say... "I" que for adc.. then when i get in i decide that my adc will be.. an AD annie!!!!
example 2: you que for ap mid.. then somebody else decide to take your mid because they dont like you. GG
example 3: nobody will que for support. beside for the occasional person
Replying here, in an effort to consolidate threads. You make a good point, the role-queue cannot stop trolls from trolling. However the tribunal does a pretty good job of that. However, I think that a lot of trolling starts when a player doesn't get to play the role they wanted to play when they joined the queue. Two people join the game, both want to top, one chooses a top champ, the other decides to AD Annie. It's toxic and totally avoidable behavior. And yes, queues for supports may be shorter, but hey - if you'd like a short queue, learn to support! It's a really important role!

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-20-2012

Quote:
moar threads=moar developer notice, dont you think?
Sure? Maybe? But I think Pogo^4 has done a good job collecting these posts, and it's good to see the big huge numbers about how many posts we have and how many views. And he's right, a little clarity by way of a Red response would be great!

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle X D View Post
I voted no.. ONLY because of one reason... que as support.. in instantly. nobody ques as support.. 20 minute que. aka. nobody ever wants to support. there is the occasional person who will. but most people if they had the choice to choose their role wouldnt take support
Great point, but what's the difference between suffering through many dodges and just waiting a bit longer for a team where there's a spot for everyone? Also, it's really good to learn all 5 roles; if you want that short queue, pick up a philo stone and start supporting!