Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolvenlight

12-08-2012

Sweet mother of monkey milk. Wall of text.

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
I will consider keeping an updated pros and cons list on the front page, however I would want some assistance with this, because if I do it alone, it'll be extraordinarily biased.

I'd be willing to help with this list, but I can't promise anything substantial. My time has been kidnapped by life and the ransom for time is my life.

(It makes sense if you're tired. Or maybe not, I'm tired.)

If anything, a 1-3 sentence summary of the good ideas would suffice. I'll post something here in the semi-nearish future once I reread the thread that may help out with that.

Ballzofire

12-16-2012

Bump

Stonebuilt

12-18-2012

Bump.

Gijora

12-18-2012

I like big bumps,
and I cannot lie.

Rikkhan

12-18-2012

i think the role queve need to be a little more complex to work, maybe like this:

-you first select the role youre willing to do
-then select if you wanna comp a team or join
- if you join a team you will recive something like this "[summoner name] has invited to play [your role]" decline/accept. Also you can see the team composition ej. "Meta".
- if you are lead you can comp a team as you like ej "Double jungle"
- At the end of the match you can thumb up a player if you think it did good in his role, making more likely that this player is chossen for that role.

Example:

Nooblord invited to play ranked game as top bruiser (below show team comp and name)
Meta
bruiser top
tank jungler
mage mid
adc bot
supp bot

Accept/decline

after that a temp team will be created a you will be put on solo ranked queve,

p00nTr0ll

12-18-2012

Before I read this thread I thought I was the person who first had the idea of trying to fix solo que by role-queing. I like the idea with the exception that you will have Tryndamere supports... don't laugh because I have seen it.

Stonebuilt

12-18-2012

Bump.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-19-2012

Bump. Pogo, you seem to be active on here. Have you (or has anyone) seen a Red response on this?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-19-2012

Quote:
KlunkTheSpaceCat:
Bump. Pogo, you seem to be active on here. Have you (or has anyone) seen a Red response on this?

Well, clearly a red has not responded directly to this thread.

A red has also never responded to any of the threads that the original post links too.

Moreover, between initiating this thread and today, I know I have missed some threads on the topic (I refuse to bump a thread on this topic that's not in the top half of the first page), but even in the threads I didn't catch, there were no red posts.

There were also no red posts on this subject between when I first started using the forums and when I created this thread.

It is not entirely impossible that at some point in the past a red may have commented on this issue however, as I'm positive that this topic predates my presence on the forums. However, only two possibilities can really exist.

Either
a) A red has commented on the topic and stated that Riot has no intentions of implementing this. If this is the case, it would explain no posts to my knowledge, as it'd likely be an old post, and Riot would have no reason to re-address the issue.

or

b) Riot has never addressed the issue.

Now, with that said, frankly I would love to see a Red address this issue. Whether it's a post from the past or from the future, either way, that would be something more concrete to give to the people who open threads on this topic daily. Right now the argument against opening a new thread is "Hey, it's not a new idea. Please go find the right thread and join the currently on-going conversation," but I'd feel much better if the argument against new threads was "Hey, Riot already addressed this issue. Here, have this quote."

And while I am, in principal, against the idea, Riot is going to do what Riot wants to do. They're going to do what they think is best for the game. And whether they agree with me, or if they agree with the people who regularly open these threads, I don't really care. I just get tired of seeing the same thread day after day after day. We get it. People don't know how to use the search feature.

Anyway, whether a red posts in this thread, we find an ancient red post on the topic, or a red posts something on the topic in some other thread, any information related to this topic posted by Riot employees will be edited in to one of the page 1 posts.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-19-2012

Quote:
Rikkhan:
i think the role queve need to be a little more complex to work, maybe like this:

-you first select the role youre willing to do
-then select if you wanna comp a team or join
- if you join a team you will recive something like this "[summoner name] has invited to play [your role]" decline/accept. Also you can see the team composition ej. "Meta".
- if you are lead you can comp a team as you like ej "Double jungle"
- At the end of the match you can thumb up a player if you think it did good in his role, making more likely that this player is chossen for that role.

Example:

Nooblord invited to play ranked game as top bruiser (below show team comp and name)
Meta
bruiser top
tank jungler
mage mid
adc bot
supp bot

Accept/decline

after that a temp team will be created a you will be put on solo ranked queve,

This would work fine for normals if you were interested in making sure your team is using a particular strategy in normals, but it can be done without any sort of a queue system. The LoL client features a chat system. There are public chat channels, but additionally you could make your own chat channel.

Someone with enough charisma and enough time to keep a thread regularly updated could popularize a chat channel (something called like "Looking for Team&quot in which the chat was used to preorganize a premade 5 team for normals (or for ranked TEAM play), but ultimately, I think this would be problematic in solo/duo queue. I mean, it kind of takes the solo/duo queue out of solo/duo queue, does it not?