Season End FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genow

10-30-2012

If I get to gold on my placement matches, and then lose the last few, thus ending at silver or something- Is my highest rating still gold?

Sayath

10-30-2012

This is not Season End related, but should be answered anyways:
Do you intend to change pre-game lobby in any way or form? Afterall, it currently displays the most amount of negativity. People not getting the "role" they want to play seems to be the main cause.
You have properly discussed the issue alot internally. You do not want to force some kind of meta - a good decision. However, don't you agree some kind of change is needed?
A team where everyone gets what they desire to play, at least, rolewise - that would be a great change.

If you can't talk about it, I do understand.

Echorion

10-30-2012

Riot, always supporting high level play, while the average or casual user is a second class citizen. I remember when we got Judgement Kayle, first time I though they were changing....nope....

Skoro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

That is win 5 with a team and not play 5 right? Confused why qualifications for teams have to be based on number of wins and not number of plays like solo.

Mr Shocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I created my team 5v5 and 3v3 team and won couple of games in both ques but got ranked after September 1. Now I am 4-1 in 5v5 and 4-2 in 3v3 ,will I have to win a game in each of these ques to claim my season 3 prizes?

Please let me know.

Thanks
MrShocker

Void2258

10-30-2012

Will we be seeing an increase in the number of champions in each weeks' free rotation? Assuming that each champion appears exactly once, it would take over 10 weeks to get through everyone. Given that many champs repeat often (like Ashe), it takes far longer than that, and some rarely if ever appear (shaco, trundle). Could we increase the rotation to 15, and vary the characters more?

(NOTE: I have all the characters I want and like to play. But it is frustrating for newer players to never see champ X show up for them to try.)

Zielmann

10-30-2012

Yegg, on the topic of Elo boosting, if we have reason to suspect someone of engaging in it, is submitting a support ticket with the evidence sufficient?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-30-2012
7 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyphz View Post
After season 3 starts, will our "unranked ELO" decay if we do not play if it's over 1400?

IE: I'm at 1500 after the soft reset, if I don't play for 3 months, will my "unranked" ELO still be 1500, or would it decay until under 1400?
Yes, ratings decay can affect you even if you haven't finished your provisional matches, so you would decay to 1400.

Signature

10-30-2012

HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

Say I join a Ranked 5v5 team that has a top Elo of 2000, but its current Elo is 1500. After I win 5 times, the current Elo is 1550. Will I adopt its top Elo of 2000, or its current Elo of 1550?

Sayath

10-30-2012

It has been confirmed that when the current ELO is far from the TOP ELO (Team ranked only), you will not unlock the rewards if you did not win near the top rating.