How to counter teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tywow104

10-30-2012

I am playing nunu right now in the jungle and i have 125 mr and 125 armor and teemo can still take me out really really really fast. Nerf? or is there an actual solid way as a team or player to actualy counter and shut him down so he wishes he didn't pick teemo. Also teemo's q should be a skill shot.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Teemo is supposed to be good against melee champions because of his kiting ability.

The most recent Teemo you played had a full AP rune page, so I don't find it suprising that the damage he dealt to you was scary... but that also means he can be shut down faster. If your Lee Sin had built some actual magic resist (not hex drinker) he probably could have taken Teemo down.

Teemo operates the same way as an ADC, but using AP instead. You usually shut down an ADC using a bruiser with a gap-closer or an assassin. Irelia, Jax, or Xin Zhao would have probably taken down their whole team of squishies. Also, if still have the replay, see what happened with Karthus. If he was there during team fights, I would imagine that he could have melted Teemo away if he used his passive.

Leopker1

10-30-2012

you can't simply counter teemo... just get a ryze/swain/vlad to top lane, or tell your mid to swap with top lane... take advantage of teemo 550 range of AA and teemo low health. or tell your jungler to gank teemo non stop pre 6, b/c it is impossible after 6..., of course skillful teemo can out lane every other champions because of its poison, and that is why everyone want to kill teemo.

Devious Rogue

10-31-2012

Casters with closers counter teem quite well. Xin slightly less so since he can be blinded and Teemo can escape afterwards with Xin's closer spent. Irelia and Jax though, are nightmares for teemo. Rengar especially.

Also, Yorick. The answer to top is always Yorick.

KingKazuma2

02-14-2013

As far as I know, you should use long range mages, so he can't touch you.

Invictµs

02-14-2013

use xin, wait for teemo use his blind. once the blind duration is over just jump him. also ap nunu counters teemo at top really hard, trade with him (snowball) and get some life from creeps. theres alot of champs that can counter teemo. shut him down early game and he wont be a problem. as for mushroom...theres a thing called oracle and vision ward.

dunno why you're complaining and asking for a nerf. His Q is fine, no need to make it a skill shot, if your blinded dont engage. simple as hell.

doomed2death

02-14-2013

Gap Closers with MR.

Irelia with Merc Treads just lol's at Teemo's blind and shrooms. And her Q too.

Lee Sin with Merc Treads can move in quickly and slow him.

Wukong with Merc Treads can move in quickly and burst.

Jax with Merc Treads (seeing a pattern?) can just leap and burst.

Thraon

02-15-2013

Jax. E (Whats up teemo? Dodge trololo)
Leap, Stun, Empower, the badger dies.
I like Teemo but he's really easy to takedown with 1 gap close.

Phegan

01-02-2014

This is a pretty decent guide to help counter teemo:
http://www.dpaddbags.com/blog/how-to...ue-of-legends/

Tiny bit out of date due to the pre-season, but most of it still holds true.

Cm WildFire

01-02-2014

Just get a bunch of ganks levels 1-5. Teemo really isn't that bad (Someone above said it up treat him as a normal adc just he uses ap).
Id imagine most people develop a mindset when they are vs. teemo. Kill him early with some jungler, if he has no lane pressure then hes pretty much useless.