@Racism, LoL, and Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onlyashadow

10-03-2010

-1 for calling brazillian a race

DingoUnlimited

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
-1 for calling brazillian a race
Did I directly call them a "race"? I looked back at it and I didn't see where. If you are regarding the fact I used racism in the title, I used racism for simply a lack of a better word for the hatred that is running around the forums.

quasistellar

10-03-2010

meh, mods just need to delete more threads. Dunno why they let some things that are clearly ridiculous/offensive/racist/totally-unrelated-to-LoL remain on the boards.

Auto-locking due to downvotes is great, but the thread remains.

DingoUnlimited

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasistellar View Post
meh, mods just need to delete more threads. Dunno why they let some things that are clearly ridiculous/offensive/racist/totally-unrelated-to-LoL remain on the boards.

Auto-locking due to downvotes is great, but the thread remains.
Deleting threads does not really help the problem, it only helps in covering it up. The discussions need to happen to fix it, not hide it.

warrenjj

10-03-2010

at op RULE 1 AND 2
ABIDE BY THEM

Bizaroid

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothertrucker View Post
Doesnt have anything to do with racism .

They ask for seperate servers so both parties stop being trolled . So BRs could play with BRs in peace without being annoyed and for english speaking players to play with each other removing language barriers .

How is it a bad thing that BR gets his own server ? Lower ping and u would all speak the same language .

Its like calling racism when someone says i saw a black guy do xyz. omg omg racism he said he was black , he is a racist !!!! no its just reporting facts

Stop calling out racism for no reason .
Actually this is a false analogy, a more apt one would be to say "Well I saw this black person do so and so in this store so we should separate the stores and make the black people shop in one store and we can shop in this other one." As most people are saying, "Brazilians are trolls, griefers, etc." not I saw this griefer and he was brazzilion

Amazing MuhKuh

10-03-2010

racism should become a banable offense if it isnt already

DingoUnlimited

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing MuhKuh View Post
racism should become a banable offense if it isnt already
It is, but I don't see it enforced to the point that it should be.

Uccisore

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoUnlimited View Post
Yeah I have seen problems in other games like this, and I have seen games ruined because of it. When you start assuming everyone in the group is the same is when you take the down turn towards racism.
I'm not assuming 'everyone in the group is the same', that would be ******ed. You're fighting a message that nobody is saying in the first place.

What I'm saying is, ENOUGH of them are a problem that it MIGHT be necessary to do something about it, and further, that we wouldn't be the only ones. If RIot decided not to do business with South America, it wouldn't be unusual at all for a f2p game, much less 'racist' or whatever.

Quote:
If anybody has concrete numbers to show that the vast majority of a group of players is ruining the game, then post them. Otherwise we cant just assume things are the way they are without really looking into it.
What makes you think we haven't looked into it? LOOK INTO IT. Every f2p game rages about Brazilians screwing it up. Pay-to-play games worry about Brazilian piracy and hacking, both of which they are known for. This isn't about 'guessing' and 'nobody has the facts'. This is about some people ignoring the facts, demanding others to be banned for stating the facts, because they don't like to hear them.

I mean here YOU are, in one post saying people need to 'look into it', and in another post, saying the people you disagree with need to be banned. Yeah, real good research is gonna come from that, huh?

S B

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoUnlimited View Post
Racism and bigotry, of course, is not something that has spawned out of LoL, but it obviously is apart of our every day lives while surfing the internet. Because of the relative anonymity of the internet and LoL community, people can get away with making hate threads with large generalizations about a whole country of people. I have played CSS, WoW, and many other large scale multilayer games that have servers that sprawl multiple countries. Now that I have played LoL for a while I see that there is a large amount of people who are calling out Brazilians for being bad at the game or being self centered. Nobody ever talks about times where they worked together as a team and won by breaking down the language barrier and acting in a polite and concise manner. These forums are just littered with hate against people of different languages and skill, a trait that is grounded in all humans regardless of race, gender, or values.

All I really want to say is this: Riot, stop ignoring these threads and work with your community to make a good environment for all players to play in. The more you turn your cheek, the more people will try to get your attention. Make a statement other than "I will not post any further on this matter" and try to help alleviate the situation. If you don't know what happens when you ignore the problem, then stroll over to 4chan and click on \b/ to find out. You cant let this just unfold by itself Riot.
Truth.