Champion & Skin Sale: Harrowing Treats

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrMrStark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

jayce

LastSnipers

10-31-2012

I have 400RP....

Heroil

10-31-2012

Why cant we have the Summoner's Rift (Fall) theme for Halloween? Whats up with that?

I like the new Twisted Treeline and all, but i honestly love to play Summoner's rift in most cases.
More champions = more fun

Am i the only one who wants that theme? ( ._.)

Phroz3nFlam3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A U L View Post
Holiday skins should return each holiday. period. I'd like RIOT to explain the rationale behind limited availability skins so that we can counter each point they make with another that makes more sense. I'd rather to do what they did to that PulseFire Ezreal where they release a skin at a price then jack it up to something exorbitant.

I completely understand limited tournament, PAX, and special promotion/celebration skins (like when RIOT wins something thanks to votes from the community and rewards us with a skin). As for the holiday skins, though, there really isn't a reason they shouldn't all return during the holiday season they represent. There just isn't one. It's unfair to people who came later, it's unfair to people who couldn't really afford one at the time, and it feels like they're just thumbing their noses at folks for not having them.

Release the holiday skins!
Hmm things get taken off the market, this is an atrocity that should not occur right? Wrong go try to buy a brand new 1990 Camaro, oh wait Chevy no longer makes that model of the car. Things get replaced, get use to it.

Etherdrop

10-31-2012

I love the sales, but I really wish we had more than just 3 champions on sale at a time. Or maybe some sort of filter included where if you own one of the champions they put on sale one that you don't.

nitemonster

10-31-2012

vlad model is screwed up O_o

Soulild

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz3nFlam3 View Post
Hmm things get taken off the market, this is an atrocity that should not occur right? Wrong go try to buy a brand new 1990 Camaro, oh wait Chevy no longer makes that model of the car. Things get replaced, get use to it.
Your point is invalid.

You're talking about a physical entity vs a digital entity. That's like saying that you can't release the Halloween Nidalee skin because it's no longer in production. There are reasons new 1990 Camaros are not on the market anymore; there is technically no reason for older holiday skins to not be available around their respected holiday annually.

It probably comes down to what RIOT will profit more from: selling old seasonal skins (more variety of holiday skins to sell), or selling limited edition new seasonal skins (pressure on users to buy a new "unique" skin before it's unavailable).

TheDunkingOne

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulild View Post
Your point is invalid.

You're talking about a physical entity vs a digital entity. That's like saying that you can't release the Halloween Nidalee skin because it's no longer in production. There are reasons new 1990 Camaros are not on the market anymore; there is technically no reason for older holiday skins to not be available around their respected holiday annually.

It probably comes down to what RIOT will profit more from: selling old seasonal skins (more variety of holiday skins to sell), or selling limited edition new seasonal skins (pressure on users to buy a new "unique" skin before it's unavailable).
I should accept this as a valid answer as to why they dont, but Riot have more money then they know what to do with so it really shouldn't be a money related thing =/.

Muhrieyuh

10-31-2012

Can you re-release the halloween nidalee skin? That would be awesome. =]

Mostro Gallo

10-31-2012

Why buy vlad if you're just going to nerf him over and over again?