Supports in TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

10-30-2012

If I remember correctly, Riot said that every champion will have his role in new TT, even supports. I thought we will see some really powerful auras in shop, since they affect only 3, not 5 people. Yet there isn't anything special for support. There aren't even wards. I can't really go AP Janna or Alistar, because Riot nerfed their ratios to the ground.
So what, just forget that support heroes exist when I play TT?

DragnDave

10-30-2012

Ali is a strong support in TT. Tanky with tons of CC. It works. Leona works. Soraka...meh not so much. Same with Sona. Just not that great. You can have a support though. If you do, I recommend 1 tanky support and 2 carries(1ap & 1ad). OR you could go tanky support, bruiser ad and an ap carry.

Anthrakx

10-30-2012

ehh i agree on the wards. the cheap oracle pots for 5 mins is pretty lame... akali is complete garbage on 3v3 now cuz of them. especially cuz 250g is super easy to get now on the new TT. atleast with wards it wasn't a mobile ward walking around mowing u down when u have one thing to save ur life(shroud). yes there's other stealth champs :P but i mainly play akali and this is from an akali point of view. I liked wards on 3v3. maybe make them a smaller view radius with shorter life time? that way you can't just plot one in the center and see 4 paths.

Aikimiller

10-30-2012

The role of a support changes significantly, it's going to be more of a protect the carry in a kill lane type strategy, so sustain supports + AD carry and the like aren't going to be much good, you need strong CC. Additionally, the 0CS support meta evolved because of the numbers- you have 3 lanes and a jungle, leaving you with a fifth man with no place to farm- you don't have this problem on TT, and so sticking a dedicated duo lane is going to mean your team gets overall less farm than if you go with a jungler.

Also, supports aren't going to be viable in blind pick solo queue, you're going to need a premade team in order to take advantage of what they bring to a team.

DragonEpico

10-30-2012

Support? why support when there are 3 gold sources?

Maybe he meant Supports playing as mages or anything else (AD Kayle, AP LuLu, AP raka, etc)

Lavatory Load

10-30-2012

Only high ratio toons out the gate are useful on new TT. Map sucks and snowballs out of control after first 5 mins. Forget about playing supports -- you will get rolled.

lxSOS Brigadexl

10-30-2012

All of you are dumb. Very very dumb. The rules obviously state the supports are ter 1. any champs are viable noob. here is my team that never loses

galio- amazing adc
lulu-tank
and
blitz ap carry

Naokazu

10-30-2012

Since there are three gold streams, Karma can support very well.

Sessamo

10-30-2012

Karma, Ori, Lulu.
S-Tier AP supports