New player needing help..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gjuminger

10-30-2012

I've got a few questions

1. What constitutes a champion as a jungler/top/bottom/mid champion? I see people telling me which one I should take, but don't get why. Currently, I'm playing Annie most, but keep trying the free ones.

2. What do these symbols mean? I see AP, AD, ADC, etc. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what typical symbols mean?

3. How do you know what stats your champion needs when it comes to purchasing items?

Thank you for your help. Let me know if you need anymore information on me.

Durzaka

10-30-2012

1.) I cant really explain the differences coherently so ill let someone else do it, but Annie is a mid champion.

2.) AP stands for Ability power. AD stands for Attack Damage. ADC stands for Attack Damage carry

3.) As a beginner, it is a good idea to go to sites like Solomid and follow builds until you learn how each champion plays.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

1. What constitutes a champion as a jungler/top/bottom/mid champion? I see people telling me which one I should take, but don't get why. Currently, I'm playing Annie most, but keep trying the free ones.

honestly it really doesnt matter until higher levels but i'll explain what each lane does in the current meta.
mid is your magic damage and most of the time has some burst. the reason for them being mid is to get their lvls faster because they scale better with levels then most other champs and they do not have the tankyness/ built in escapes that are needed top lane.
top is your more tanky champs. they are normally able to escape ganks with out too much trouble and will still be able to farm in lane even after a gank. there main point is to keep that other top lane from snowballing and to offer some peal to the ad carry late game or to jump in on the other teams ad carry.
jungle is the champ that farms the nutral creep and offers lane pressure in the early games, i wont go into too much detail here because riot is changing up how the jungle is and this will shift the meta some.
bot lane is the ad carry and support lane. the goal of this lane is to let the ad carry farm and let him get his big item asap. the ad carry normally does the most damage over time and if farmed and well protected.

2. What do these symbols mean? I see AP, AD, ADC, etc. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what typical symbols mean?

wish i would have seen this sooner i would have answered this first lol.
ap-ability power, or a magic damage champ
ad-attack damage, or physical damage champ
adc- attack damage carry, someone that does a lot of physical damage late in the game.
here is a massive list of all the terms used http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ds_terminology

3. How do you know what stats your champion needs when it comes to purchasing items?

that is something that you will learn more as you play. for the most part try to stick with the recommended items and you will be fine, or try to buy items that are somewhat similar to the recommended items.

gjuminger

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStein View Post

honestly it really doesnt matter until higher levels but i'll explain what each lane does in the current meta.
mid is your magic damage and most of the time has some burst. the reason for them being mid is to get their lvls faster because they scale better with levels then most other champs and they do not have the tankyness/ built in escapes that are needed top lane.
top is your more tanky champs. they are normally able to escape ganks with out too much trouble and will still be able to farm in lane even after a gank. there main point is to keep that other top lane from snowballing and to offer some peal to the ad carry late game or to jump in on the other teams ad carry.
jungle is the champ that farms the nutral creep and offers lane pressure in the early games, i wont go into too much detail here because riot is changing up how the jungle is and this will shift the meta some.
bot lane is the ad carry and support lane. the goal of this lane is to let the ad carry farm and let him get his big item asap. the ad carry normally does the most damage over time and if farmed and well protected.

wish i would have seen this sooner i would have answered this first lol.
ap-ability power, or a magic damage champ
ad-attack damage, or physical damage champ
adc- attack damage carry, someone that does a lot of physical damage late in the game.
here is a massive list of all the terms used http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ds_terminology

that is something that you will learn more as you play. for the most part try to stick with the recommended items and you will be fine, or try to buy items that are somewhat similar to the recommended items.
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your help.