Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best way to help your team starting out: Don't Die

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddible

11-10-2012

Quote:
GON the Mage Guy:
The other side of this coin:

Don't be a sissy girl and run away from every threat. This will take time to judge, but it's important. If you're playing a squishy champion and run away from every teamfight or don't see when you have an advantage, you've forced your team into a losing situation.

This advice isn't really about team fights. It is about laning, particularly the first 10-15 min of a game where so many new players continuously feed the enemy, tower dive to get the kill only to get killed themselves by the tower, etc. It is an absurdly common issue to the point that I almost post the entire OP at the start of every match.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-10-2012

^ Having played on a smurf I can attest to getting multiple kills on people diving a tower to finish me off only to put me 2-0 ahead.

The key is to harass without exposing yourself, knowing when to engage, and not actively seeking a kill. Knowledge of the champion you play and that of enemy helps.

Farm, farm, farm and chances are the enemy will end up taking a lot of minion damage while trying to kill you. Once they're on CDs turn and burn to effectivly trade.

Oddible

11-11-2012

Quote:
KingSilas:
Farm, farm, farm and chances are the enemy will end up taking a lot of minion damage while trying to kill you. Once they're on CDs turn and burn to effectivly trade.

I need to add this to a hotkey. So many times I see people parked in the bushes waiting for a gank, not getting minions kills, falling behind in levels, then run out to gank a guy 2 levels above them with more gear and die to the tower thus falling MOAR behind, not realizing that the person they are then trying to gank is now 4 levels and even more gear beyond them and STILL trying to gank.

I wish more teammates hit the TAB button periodically to see how they are doing comparatively before they rushed headlong into an impossible situation.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-11-2012

^ lol I wasn't even ahead

I was trading with a Cass as Annie. She continued to waste mana trying to harass me while dodged her poison (1 in 8 would hit me). I would last hit Q for free mana, at 3 I started harassing every time she missed, then at 4 got that boost of mana and I went in. Dodge her Q, then miasma, then she fanged without a poison reset. She ignited, I ignited, and finished with 2/5 hp. Lee came out of the jungle hard and was on me. (This is important) As I ran I tossed back a bit of damage while still charging my stun. At less than 1/4 hp I flashed out at which point he followed me under the tower. Turn and burn, stun up, Fried Ree Sin with rice, then had enough time to kill a couple more minions before going back.

Knowing what they enemy will do, and what they are capable of is important. You have to know when to engage and when to run. This kinda thing just takes time and you learn through defeat.

--------------------------------------------

To reiterate the pain you feel, I hate when a jungler ganks a full hp target that just proceeded to **** you up and force you back. Then blames you when he dies because you "didnt help him". Keep in mind, not once did he ping or announce he was going to gank...