Teemo is stupidly overpowered on this map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Title.

Your only option is to buy sweeper or lantern, and that only covers a single bush once a minute.

There is no pink warding important bushes to prevent mushrooms. Oracles doesn't work well enough vs brushrooms.

Further, the map is MUCH smaller. Making Teemo's shroom coverage that much more pervasive.

There's no real solid counter to it. He gives his team absolutely insane levels of map awareness which the other team cant purchase their way out of, on top of offering solid mobility and utility.

He has a lot of the same issues in dominion, which is why he's there an awful lot too.

I wish riot would just nerf him on these maps with a map-specific debuff to him rather than destroy him on SR

FDru

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
Your only option is to buy sweeper or lantern, and that only covers a single bush once a minute.
That's not an option, it's a requirement, and not just when Teemo is on the enemy team. You'll buy it and use it every game and you'll like it. If you can take out 2 shrooms each time you use it (not hard if you aim between the mid bush and the path that leads to whatever lane he's in) that's 1/2 of his shrooms gone if he has max CDR.

Aside from that, the typical Teemo counters apply. Just have the tankiest person on your team buy an oracle and do a shroom sweep if you're having that much trouble.

TheM0ve

10-30-2012

At first Teemo seems like a beast because of his mushrooms. But you just have to be more carefull and Teemo dies in 3 seconds to any bruiser and he will feed your whole team.

Piggie B

10-30-2012

Teemo is definitely good, to be sure, but I don't think he's overpowered.

Map awareness is nice and all, but good communication is usually enough for you to figure with decent accuracy where the opposing team is.

If you build a traditional hybrid AP/AS or straight AD Carry Teemo, then you're going to do decent in team fights (the the lack of AD carries hurts the utility of your blind a bit) and have good mobility.

If you build an AP Teemo, your mushrooms will start to be a serious threat, but once a full-on fight breaks out you'll have trouble with your lack of sustained damage.

In either case, because of how much people move around the map, your mushrooms aren't likely to last very long - they'll be popped left and right. I think because of the "WARDS WIN GAMES" mentality so ground in to SR, we overestimate the usefulness of Teemo's shrooms.

Honestly, I think their biggest use is to spam the altars and punish your opponents while using the slow to give you time to capitalize on the free damage.