Please help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Good luck with the legal action.

My interpretation from basically every post from a Rioter in what you've shared is that they all seem to think the connectivity issue is on your end.

I especially got this feeling from Decrepit (the tech support guy) who was trying to diagnose what the problem might be (who knows, could be your firewall, antivirus, whatever). You made the choice not to cooperate with him.

But I guess the real point here is this: if Riot feels that the issue is on your end and not on their end, then they're in the right for suspending you. It's clearly explained in the Summoner's Code and such that if you're disconnecting from games, whether intentionally or not, you'll be subject to punishment in the form of warnings and time bans (and I imagine, just like the Tribunal, eventually a permaban).

Now, you spent money to upgrade your modem, router, internet, or something because you already had problems on your end with connectivity in the past. If you actually made it to court, Riot would use this as evidence against you.

You refused to cooperate with Riot's tech support specialist in order to allow him to diagnose the connectivity issue. In court, Riot would use this to suggest that you KNOW there's some sort of issue on your end, because why else would you refuse to cooperate with tech support who is trying to FIX your problem, the problem you've spent all month badgering Riot about?


The basis of your case is that you were unjustly banned. Riot never admitted you were unjustly banned, and you can't prove that you were unjustly banned. If you weren't unjustly banned and can't prove that you were unjustly banned, then you were justly banned, and in that case, Riot pretty well protected by the Summoner's Code, which you agreed to in order to play the game.


And if all that isn't reason enough, how much real world money have you invested in the League? $50? $100? $500? $1,000?

How much do you think you'd be paying to hire a lawyer? And given that cost, relative to the cost of what you stand to win even if you were to win the case, is it worth it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritine View Post
Already had over a week's break. I don't respond well to people who take my money and ban me without cause.
The cause for the ban was disconnection, and the summoner's code explains that pretty well.

Your claim that the disconnection was server side.
Riot never admitted the disconnects were their fault.
You have no evidence that the disconnect were their fault.
You can not prove that the disconnects were their fault.
Your refusal to cooperate with tech support is actually evidence that the disconnects are caused by something on your end that you're choosing to hide from Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maritine

Junior Member

10-31-2012

Here we go again. I complied with tech support and the problem is that Riot didn't admit they were at fault. That is the WHOLE point of this thread Pogo. As for the evidence, it's in the game logs. The game logs show that it was not my fault and your ignorance of the facts baffles me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maritine

Junior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Good luck with the legal action.

My interpretation from basically every post from a Rioter in what you've shared is that they all seem to think the connectivity issue is on your end.

I especially got this feeling from Decrepit (the tech support guy) who was trying to diagnose what the problem might be (who knows, could be your firewall, antivirus, whatever). You made the choice not to cooperate with him.

But I guess the real point here is this: if Riot feels that the issue is on your end and not on their end, then they're in the right for suspending you. It's clearly explained in the Summoner's Code and such that if you're disconnecting from games, whether intentionally or not, you'll be subject to punishment in the form of warnings and time bans (and I imagine, just like the Tribunal, eventually a permaban).

Now, you spent money to upgrade your modem, router, internet, or something because you already had problems on your end with connectivity in the past. If you actually made it to court, Riot would use this as evidence against you.

You refused to cooperate with Riot's tech support specialist in order to allow him to diagnose the connectivity issue. In court, Riot would use this to suggest that you KNOW there's some sort of issue on your end, because why else would you refuse to cooperate with tech support who is trying to FIX your problem, the problem you've spent all month badgering Riot about?


The basis of your case is that you were unjustly banned. Riot never admitted you were unjustly banned, and you can't prove that you were unjustly banned. If you weren't unjustly banned and can't prove that you were unjustly banned, then you were justly banned, and in that case, Riot pretty well protected by the Summoner's Code, which you agreed to in order to play the game.


And if all that isn't reason enough, how much real world money have you invested in the League? $50? $100? $500? $1,000?

How much do you think you'd be paying to hire a lawyer? And given that cost, relative to the cost of what you stand to win even if you were to win the case, is it worth it?
It's worth it because what they have done to me, they have probably done to others. As far as legal costs go, I'm not concerned. The fact that they believe it is my fault and suspended me and the fact that they have drawn this out for a month without looking at the evidence clearly seen in the game logs and my tickets means that they're not taking this seriously.

P.S.: I would not waste a month of my time and create a forum post if I did not think I was in the right. You would do the same if you believed with all your heart that you've been wrong. It's a game I play with my family, some who are bed-ridden due to illnesses. It's a game they love playing with me Pogo and...it's just heartbreaking that LoL is not bringing me solutions...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChristianSoldier

Junior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritine View Post

P.S.: I would not waste a month of my time and create a forum post if I did not think I was in the right. You would do the same if you believed with all your heart that you've been wrong. It's a game I play with my family, some who are bed-ridden due to illnesses. It's a game they love playing with me Pogo and...it's just heartbreaking that LoL is not bringing me solutions...
Hey sorry to hear about your family. I hope Riot compensates you and please keep me posted. But in the meantime, if you want to create a smurf I don't mind helping you level. I know starting from scratch with no runes, etc is not ideal but I too play League with family and loved ones. Again sorry to hear about your problem with Riot, I don't know what else to say...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritine View Post
Here we go again. I complied with tech support and the problem is that Riot didn't admit they were at fault. That is the WHOLE point of this thread Pogo. As for the evidence, it's in the game logs. The game logs show that it was not my fault and your ignorance of the facts baffles me.
What do you not get about the fact that you have not complied with Tech Support?

You can say you did all you want, but you not only did not provide the information TECH support requested, but you completely IGNORED the information request. You did not follow up with tech support.

Saying you followed up with tech support doesn't mean you actually did, just like saying the problem was Riot's fault doesn't magically make it their fault.

The tech support guy who is trying to diagnose the connectivity issue requested information from you. You didn't provide him with information. You admitted you're not tech savvy, but you've decided you know better than Riot tech support what Riot tech support needs to diagnose the problem.

YOUR ignorance of this simple fact is what is most baffling here.

How can you say you complied with tech support when the last communication in either direction between you and tech support was a message from tech support requesting more information from you (which you did not follow up on).

I'm reposting the same thing over and over and over because it's so baffling to me.

If you felt that tech support had all the information he needed to diagnose the problem, then why didn't you ask him and tell him you're not going to give him information? I mean WHY did you completely ignore tech support? If you wanted to refuse to give him the information, fine. But you left the conversation incomplete. He asked you for information (information which you had not given to a single Riot employee, and information which you haven't posted in this thread even though two of us have explained what kind of information Riot might be looking for) and you refuse to offer up that information.

It is information that is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT VITAL TO THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE CONNECTIVITY PROBLEM.

You are denying riot this information, and by denying Riot this information, you are denying them the ability to determine the cause of the connection problem. And because YOU are the one denying it, Riot has no choice but to assume the problem is on your end (because why else would you not be forthcoming with the information?), and if the problem is on your end, then the ban was not unjust, and if the ban was not unjust, Riot doesn't owe you anything.


Trust me, you're right. If I felt I had been wronged, I'd be pursuing it (though still legal action here makes no sense, because you still lose even if you win the case due to legal costs). But what I'm telling you is that there's no evidence here that you've been wronged. If you want the evidence that you've been wronged, you need to get back with Decrepit or anyone at Riot tech support and get the connectivity problem diagnosed. Until the connectivity problem is properly diagnosed, the ball is in your court, not Riot's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChristianSoldier

Junior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
What do you not get about the fact that you have not complied with Tech Support?

You can say you did all you want, but you not only did not provide the information TECH support requested, but you completely IGNORED the information request. You did not follow up with tech support.

Saying you followed up with tech support doesn't mean you actually did, just like saying the problem was Riot's fault doesn't magically make it their fault.

The tech support guy who is trying to diagnose the connectivity issue requested information from you. You didn't provide him with information. You admitted you're not tech savvy, but you've decided you know better than Riot tech support what Riot tech support needs to diagnose the problem.

YOUR ignorance of this simple fact is what is most baffling here.

How can you say you complied with tech support when the last communication in either direction between you and tech support was a message from tech support requesting more information from you (which you did not follow up on).

I'm reposting the same thing over and over and over because it's so baffling to me.

If you felt that tech support had all the information he needed to diagnose the problem, then why didn't you ask him and tell him you're not going to give him information? I mean WHY did you completely ignore tech support? If you wanted to refuse to give him the information, fine. But you left the conversation incomplete. He asked you for information (information which you had not given to a single Riot employee, and information which you haven't posted in this thread even though two of us have explained what kind of information Riot might be looking for) and you refuse to offer up that information.

It is information that is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT VITAL TO THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE CONNECTIVITY PROBLEM.

You are denying riot this information, and by denying Riot this information, you are denying them the ability to determine the cause of the connection problem. And because YOU are the one denying it, Riot has no choice but to assume the problem is on your end (because why else would you not be forthcoming with the information?), and if the problem is on your end, then the ban was not unjust, and if the ban was not unjust, Riot doesn't owe you anything.


Trust me, you're right. If I felt I had been wronged, I'd be pursuing it (though still legal action here makes no sense, because you still lose even if you win the case due to legal costs). But what I'm telling you is that there's no evidence here that you've been wronged. If you want the evidence that you've been wronged, you need to get back with Decrepit or anyone at Riot tech support and get the connectivity problem diagnosed. Until the connectivity problem is properly diagnosed, the ball is in your court, not Riot's.
Maritine, don't bother responding to this. He apparently can't read.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maritine

Junior Member

10-31-2012

Well I feel better knowing that only one person disagrees with me on this thread so posting my concerns was definitely worth it. Thank you everyone who continues to support me. I appreciate the help and will let you know when Riot compensates me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Have you ever used the word FPS (Frames per Second) in any correspondence with Riot about this issue?
Have you ever used the word latency (ping) in any correspondence with Riot about the issue?
Have you ever used the word firewall in any correspondence with Riot about the issue?
Have you ever used the word network in any correspondence with Riot about the issue?
Have you ever used the word server in any correspondence with Riot about this issue?

If the answer to any of the above questions (or about a dozen others besides) is no, then it doesn't matter whose fault it is; you have not provided enough information for Riot to properly diagnose the problem as their fault and so compensate you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianSoldier View Post
Maritine, don't bother responding to this. He apparently can't read.
Which is why I'm the only person who read the chat logs in his Riot correspondence where he DID NOT follow through with the Technical Support person Riot sent to talk to him, right?

I mean, he flat did not follow through with Tech Support.

Look, if you were banned injustly, then I'm all for Riot fixing their error. But you've got to come through on your end to show that you've been banned injustly, and I'm sorry, especially given the fact that you admitted that you're not a tech savvy person, why should we believe you that you've better diagnosed the issue than a Riot Technical Support specialist?