First I liked, then I hated =/

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

10-30-2012

My first impression was good, but then, even winning all matches, I started hating this map, mostly because of those altars... =/

CaptainAMorgan

10-30-2012

Hey, FIGHT HERE, NOW!

Or lose...
Cool Choices bro!

R0shi

10-30-2012

Cause sitting on a point for like 10 seconds every 90 seconds is detrimental...plus you always have the option of not taking their alter. Not sure why you wouldn't but regardless...if you don't like it then don't play. Simple fix to a terrible rant IMO.

jdubincident

10-30-2012

Except...no. Even a 10% buff to ad and ap isn't at all oppressive until very late game, when it'll be at most 40/60 bonus damage. Sorry. People overvalue altars and engage in bad teamfights too often on this map. Maybe that's what you mean.

SaveTheMaids

10-30-2012

I agree it can kind of suck if you're plaing a mid/late game champion and the enemy team has the better early comp.

What makes it worse is when you get those teammates that think it's ok to not farm ever and just continually roam through the enemy jungle (trying to cap alters) without the rest of the team. Just let them have the alter for now and farm if you can't win teamfights... why don't people understand this? Many of my games are decided at the 5-10 minute mark because I'll get a teammate that refuses to listen, goes Rambo, then completely loses the game for the team. At least on old TT one could ward the map and/or farm up for that idiot teammate.

Having no wards means capitalizing on enemy mistakes (being out of position) becomes much harder. If they're ahead they can just continuously gank you and there is nothing you can do... since they can farm more, have alter buffs, higher levels and complete map control. If they have a Teemo and a strong killing champion (like Darius, Olaf, Riven, etc) it is pretty much impossible to make a comeback unless the enemy team screws up very badly (repeatedly).

In a typical game, I'll be in lane/jungle trying to farm up to level 4, meanwhile my team keeps forcing fights and dying. Then coming back is almost impossible because the enemy team now has more farm and kills. It doesn't help that I can't ward so even farming in my own side of the jungle becomes a risky endeavor. If they have a Teemo or TF... you can't even farm your own jungle if the enemy team is ahead. They can just keep their lead and there is no counterplay or strategy you can employ to make a comeback.

Despite these things, I don't completely dislike the new map.
I just wish that we could somehow have the old TT back as well. I really enjoyed playing old TT and turtling was never a problem unless one took an inhibitor too early.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubincident View Post
Except...no. Even a 10% buff to ad and ap isn't at all oppressive until very late game, when it'll be at most 40/60 bonus damage. Sorry. People overvalue altars and engage in bad teamfights too often on this map. Maybe that's what you mean.
This, even bothered doing the amth on the altars? altars are more like FIGHT HERE AND LOSE FOR yOUR OWN MISTAKES of crediting them more thatn you should than Hey fight here or Lose.

Altars help but unless you see the enemy tem or have recently aced them in some fashion they are not worth going for, much less in groups of 3

standard procedure
Gank people and ace them
2 go to push
1 caps the enemy altar.

Krystalnacht

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0shi View Post
Cause sitting on a point for like 10 seconds every 90 seconds is detrimental...plus you always have the option of not taking their alter. Not sure why you wouldn't but regardless...if you don't like it then don't play. Simple fix to a terrible rant IMO.
Thats the dumbest response to a player opinion i've heard in a while....what you are saying is that we, the TT playing community, needs to just shut up and take what we are given or GTFO. Well, after spending countless hours and hundreds of dollars on this game I know that i am entitled to my opinion. If you dont like that WE are voicing negative opinions about a game we are passionate about , YOU can gtfo and stop replying to posts...and dear sir, it is painfully obvious that Many of the hardcore TT players dont like the change as it doesnt balance the game as promised...so if you cant stand reading some constructive criticism feel free to move on yourself.

Seanman24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

This map is the least amount of fun possible in league. Every game I've played on it has been like pulling teeth.