Do us all a favor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forgotten spam

10-30-2012

hey

OriginalJack

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallity View Post
The second season ends in one week approx (or possibly exactly), so imo go ahead and play. You can find out during the week if you are ready for ranked and if your not then don't immediately play ranked when season 3 starts, if you are ready well there you go.
Yeah that's a good point. If you're gonna test the waters now is a good time to do it.

LogicalTautology

10-31-2012

I take a viewpoint that is somewhat different from most people, I guess. Once I hit 30, I stopped playing Normals all together. I don't see a point in playing the same game but without a rating. If I need to learn the mechanics of a champion (bought Leona, need to learn her skill ranges and stuff), I go bots. But other than bots and Customs, I only play Ranked.

If you only play Ranked 'when you feel ready for it', is your elo a true display of your skill? Your elo will get more and more accurate the more games you play Ranked in.

gvaness

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
If you only play Ranked 'when you feel ready for it', is your elo a true display of your skill? Your elo will get more and more accurate the more games you play Ranked in.
Yes. I feel very confidant with about 6 characters. I will play ranked with them. I feel adequate with another 20-30, I play normal with them. How can ELO really show your skill level when you are playing champions that you have vastly different experience with?

LogicalTautology

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvaness View Post
Yes. I feel very confidant with about 6 characters. I will play ranked with them. I feel adequate with another 20-30, I play normal with them. How can ELO really show your skill level when you are playing champions that you have vastly different experience with?
Because my ELO shows on the whole how good I am at the game of LoL. It means that if I play with 9 other people of approximately the same rating, both teams will have an even match.
Besides, I would never be remotely comfortable entering a game of LoL (ranked or otherwise) where I wasn't prepared to play at least ~20 characters. Otherwise I might have to counterpick myself if 3 of my best characters are banned, 2 are in lanes that are full, and the last is hard-countered by my lane opponent.

Grollm

10-31-2012

I think a lot of people (myself included) worried about picking and counterpicking, and worrying about team composition instead of just playing a champ I knew I can do well with. Part of the reason my elo is as low as it is as I would worry about that. I'm sure all of you have done, "OMG Morg is mid, alright who counters her?"lolking.net...OK yeah! I got Talon! No idea how to play him! WOOOO! DEFEAT.

msl767

10-31-2012

lol the odd thing is i still see alot of the same mistakes in ranked as i do normals....
isnt not some super high thing....i see alot of first timers and ****...or trolls and toxic players

msl767

10-31-2012

honestly counterpicking isnt that bad ive been counter pick it was hard but i lived and its better thean playing some one u dont know thean its froob vrsexperanced played and ur allomst garunteed defeet