Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do us all a favor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

10-30-2012

Ok, so I see tons of posts on the forums on how I need to improve my ranked game and yadda yadda. If you have fewer than 100 played normals, then please don't step into ranked. You ruin the game for 9 other people when you do it. There is a huge skill difference between normals and ranked, but if you play your best everytime and you can get to where you can win 75% of your normal games then I think you are ready for ranked. I made the mistake of going into ranked too early and my elo is complete **** because of it. Just save everyone the headache.Unless you are on the enemy team then by all means please play with only 1 ranked game under your belt = )

DarthWhore

10-30-2012

Actually it makes the game worse for only 4 players. 5 enemy players will take the win with open arms.

Grollm

10-30-2012

Yeah but then the further long term effects is the enemy team actually thinks they are good and then proceed to get their asses stomped in following games.

shadow99999

10-30-2012

Quote:
Darth*****:
Actually it makes the game worse for only 4 players. 5 enemy players will take the win with open arms.

i don't like games with out at least a little bit of a challege

Hathel Ithilidin

10-30-2012

I agree. I made the mistake of playing ranked the second I hit 30 and it bit me in the ass

the flail

10-30-2012

I'm almost to thirty, but I've played over 250 games and I am around +30 ratio wise. Think I'd be safe enough to play ranked with a group I know? Or get some more experience? After watching tournament play, I really want to get into the dynamics of ranked. Seems so different from normal.

OriginalJack

10-30-2012

Quote:
the flail:
I'm almost to thirty, but I've played over 250 games and I am around +30 ratio wise. Think I'd be safe enough to play ranked with a group I know? Or get some more experience? After watching tournament play, I really want to get into the dynamics of ranked. Seems so different from normal.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'd guess no, you are not.

Some general benchmarks to tell if you are really ready for ranked:

1. You can play each role decently and have several champs for each role. (it's ok to be better at some than others but not being able to play one at all is no good)
2. You have runes pages appropriate for each champ you own. (you don't need 1 page per champ but you need a page for AP champs, AD champs etc. and they need to all be tier 3 runes, don't be a cheapskate)
3. You are familiar with draft mode (who counters who, who is good to ban etc.)
4. You know how to deal with trolls and ragers (this is practically a skill in itself)
5. You don't lose your lane often.
6. You don't make excuses about why you didn't win a game. ( X champ is so op, jungle was camping my lane, people didn't call mia etc. none of these are legit reasons for doing badly)

Ohasis

10-30-2012

My biggest inevitable regret was learning about the meta. This game was blissful before I knew anything about maximising win potential/team makeup.

the flail

10-30-2012

Quote:
OriginalJack:
Don't take this the wrong way but I'd guess no, you are not.

Some general benchmarks to tell if you are really ready for ranked:

1. You can play each role decently and have several champs for each role. (it's ok to be better at some than others but not being able to play one at all is no good)
2. You have runes pages appropriate for each champ you own. (you don't need 1 page per champ but you need a page for AP champs, AD champs etc. and they need to all be tier 3 runes, don't be a cheapskate)
3. You are familiar with draft mode (who counters who, who is good to ban etc.)
4. You know how to deal with trolls and ragers (this is practically a skill in itself)
5. You don't lose your lane often.
6. You don't make excuses about why you didn't win a game. ( X champ is so op, jungle was camping my lane, people didn't call mia etc. none of these are legit reasons for doing badly)

No offense taken, thanks for the checklist. 1 and 2 I am working on right now. Working on top lane and jungle positions (mainly a support). Three I have really no clue.

okay, well some clue, but not enough to be confident in my choices.

Totallity

10-30-2012

Quote:
the flail:

The second season ends in one week approx (or possibly exactly), so imo go ahead and play. You can find out during the week if you are ready for ranked and if your not then don't immediately play ranked when season 3 starts, if you are ready well there you go.