Elise's lore theory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dartmaul100

10-29-2012

so i was looking at some trivia on the lol wiki when i saw Elise is translated to gods daughter. "Elise is short for Elizabeth or Elisabeth, which is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Elisheva, meaning God's promise, oath of God, or I am God’s daughter." (the direct quote) I know this conflicts her lore but i wasnt sure where else to put this thread.

so to the point, Vilemaw is the spider god and she is gods daughter. They both are from the shadow isles and she is the spider queen, and that leads me to believe that she is his daughter especially since she is the first spider queen released that and that we have heard about. So what do you guys think? As mentioned above i know this does conflict the lore.

CragBlade

10-29-2012

She isnt the daughter, at least biologically. In her current form I guess you could classify her as a sort of spiritual daughter to Vilemaw.

From what I understand of her lore:

She was a "normal" human who stumbled upon the Shadow Isles with a friend/lover. They found the spider "god" Vilemaw and she became obsessed with it. She sacrificed her humanity and drank the juices from said spider "god" and became what she is now. She needed to keep giving sacrifices to the spider "god" in order to maintain her form so she allowed the area where Vilemaw lives to be used by the League. Now she will have countless numbers of sacrifices for her "god".

The partner part is from her login screen bit, the vilemaw juices and sacrifices info is from her direct lore and the altar lines were the rest.

dartmaul100

10-30-2012

I fully realize that, but i was just thinking to my self that it makes more sense to me that what i said in the original post is true.

SpamMasubi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

lol. She needs to drink the juices from said god.