The Law Of Role Playing (Oc)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Demon Jester View Post
No developing your champions. If you don't like the way Riot made them... DON'T ROLEPLAY AS THEM.

That must a be a rule. Well... It's not a must but it would be nice.

I mean, what's the point in roleplaying a champion only to turn it into a bloody OC? Might as well have just made an OC and let someone roleplay the champion the way Riot made them.
Meant to downvote this... Not upvote it.

MysticalRaven

10-30-2012

Got a reason?

I'll downvote it. Just for you.

Ask Tyrant Swain

10-30-2012

Well. I'd love to sit around and do nothing, but characters can's just not develop, it's only natural.

SandscourgeSkarn

10-30-2012

Quote:
No developing your champions. If you don't like the way Riot made them... DON'T ROLEPLAY AS THEM.

That must a be a rule. Well... It's not a must but it would be nice.

I mean, what's the point in roleplaying a champion only to turn it into a bloody OC? Might as well have just made an OC and let someone roleplay the champion the way Riot made them.
I'm sorry, remind me where I signed up to be a static character? If you think about role playing within the scope of League of Legends then you've got to consider one thing. The major movers and shakers are the Champions. That would make them primary or in some cases secondary either protagonists or antagonists. Neither of these ever tend to be utterly static and when they are, it's boring. Dull and boring and not worth anyone's time.

By saying that development isn't allowed you're saying that the main reason for role playing, being dynamic interaction leading to development, is not allowed.

You're negating the premise.

You do not want to negate the premise.

Some Champions are painfully one-dimensional. They are the most likely to remain static in their values and goals. They're still capable of development. Most Champions are markedly less paper-thin and shallow and exhibit humanity in some form or another or even by negating their humanity allow for growth. To not be true to that would be, you guessed it, negating the premise.

Ask Demon Jester

10-30-2012

Downvoted for voicing my opinion. Touche. Anyway.

Of course, I'll go with whatever the community decides and won't ***** afterwards.

EDIT: I could have worded my opinion MUCH better... Maybe I wouldn't have been downvoted. -shrug-

But, if you find the champion boring the way they are, why roleplay as them in the first place?

Civilized Rat

10-30-2012

Hi I'm that rat that pretty much sits in the sewers doing god-only-knows what.

RPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRP

No development = no fun for me. So far, the greatest RPers here have managed to do both; stay true to the original and develop their character within the boundaries Riot has given us. No reason why we all can't do that.

I pretty much have to make **** up for almost ALL of Twitch's personality.

SandscourgeSkarn

10-30-2012

Quote:
Downvoted for voicing my opinion. Touche. Anyway.

Of course, I'll go with whatever the community decides and won't ***** afterwards.

EDIT: I could have worded my opinion MUCH better... Maybe I wouldn't have been downvoted. -shrug-

But, if you find the champion boring the way they are, why roleplay as them in the first place?
If I may pose an important question...

What the hell else would the voting system be for other than agreeing/disagreeing with an opinion without words?

Furthermore, it's not about finding them boring as they are, it's about not wanting to be obtuse and one-dimensional. Role-playing is about interaction. Interaction inspires growth, either positive or negative. The key about playing an established character is to find a healthy balance of "Hey this is fun and innovative" and "This is Riot Games Skarner" (in my case).

Yes, it requires a certain talent that not everyone has.
Yes, it's possible.

I've talked about this at length once already. I seriously thought once would've been enough.

Ask Demon Jester

10-30-2012

And this is when I shut up and walk away.

Your logic > My opinion.

Ask Shenn

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
Some Champions are painfully one-dimensional.
;_;

Rumblé

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Rumble View Post
Yeah, your right Skarn and Venus. Even though it may be a good idea, people will dislike it and will just flat out ignore it... What we need is admins to actually look at things and this role playing thread, but don't think that will happen anytime soon. Some times they do their job by deleted dirty rp, but it isn't enough.
Well, the only "admins" (AKA the people with legitimate moderating powers) we have currently are the reds, and as far as I know of, they don't care what sort of drama goes on in here as long as everything's PG-13. See, the reason why the law system works in other forums is because those forums have moderators to watch over the general populace, and then they have admins to watch over the moderators.

We don't have that system here.

No one has power over one another, so we focus on a utilitarianism policy here. In other words, we aim to promote the greatest amount of happiness for the greatest amount of the general populace. Is the system perfect? No. Does it work all the time? Absolutely not. But is it the best one we have as of right now? Probably.