People trolling in champion select (ranked)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

10-31-2012

Vote kick is a very bad idea, for obvious reasons. With or without penalty, it's against the spirit of the game. When you break the spirit of the game to punish those who break the spirit of the game, who can judge?

Xanedus

11-05-2012

Yeah... Getting really sick of trolls. I just had to dodge a game simply because of three people flaming each other and all wanting to go top, what surprised me is their attitudes and how people like that still play.

SinRG

11-05-2012

Could not agree with this more. I thought it was just people unnecessarily *****ing about trolls in ranked, but there seems to be more trolls in ranked than in normal?

This doesn't make any sense. Is there a dedicated team of trolls out there that plague ranked 24/7 or what? Sad lives of some.

Bullettime7

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEXX View Post
Could not agree with this more. I thought it was just people unnecessarily *****ing about trolls in ranked, but there seems to be more trolls in ranked than in normal?

This doesn't make any sense. Is there a dedicated team of trolls out there that plague ranked 24/7 or what? Sad lives of some.
Because people who like to troll can do more damage to other players in ranked games by trying to drop people's ELO. They aren't really causing any damage in regs because it's not laddered and there's no visible ELO. In ranked, people are playing it for the purpose of tryharding and ladder climbing. Trolls know they can ruin that and attempt to do so.

Just had a guy lock in Akali as last pick and admit he was troll picking and was going to feed because our teammate selected Leblanc to go against Brand. His comment was "the LoL forums all say LB is trash and I'm not dodging so **** you guys I'm just going to feed. Enjoy the loss LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" And the game before that was a Xin'zhao who randomed his pick and followed me around killing my jungle creeps. And the game before that was a team that decided to run away from teamfights after I would engage (Olaf) because they thought it was funny to watch me get killed 1v5.

Point being, *******s see ranked as a way to actually grief players since they can hurt you far more than trolling regs which no one cares about. If they get banned, they just make a new account and grief new players. it's worse at the end of the season like today. There's no point in trying to play ranked (6 game losing streak now) because of people abusing the ELO reset tomorrow and trolling the hell out of games.

Billy the Wiz

11-05-2012

I think you deserve every minute of the ban you get if your bailing on Campion select just because other players are not choosing as you would. If you have such an issue with others then create yourself a team that will bow to your decisions

SinRG

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Wiz View Post
I think you deserve every minute of the ban you get if your bailing on Campion select just because other players are not choosing as you would. If you have such an issue with others then create yourself a team that will bow to your decisions
I've seen this exact comment in this thread at least 3-5 times now. I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but if you're not, people aren't complaining about players picking 'the perfect counter champion'. They're complaining at people picking **** champions that don't remotely fit the meta with every intention of feeding aka trolling.

To all the people who say 'you don't have to follow the meta to win' etc. I say this to you 'learn how to ride the wheel before you re-invent it'.

SleepyCurry

11-05-2012

I just dodge in those cases. My elo>>>>>>30 min

Glitch Chicken

11-14-2012

Doesn't dropping ranked give you -10 elo penalty anymore?

Leadpaintchips

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
It's not trolling to pick revive/smite. It's just unique. Just because you don't like how they fit in your team, it doesn't mean that they're just picking whatever to troll. They're doing something new and you should embrace it.

If they are trying something new, then they should try it out in not ranked. And if it is tested by them, they should explain that in Champ Select that they are using a non-standard build. One thing that everyone should remember is that this is a team game, and don't rage at your teammates for either doing something different or not, rage at your opponents for playing better than you! :P

vulgarwolf

11-14-2012

So does this mean you can report the other team for not following the meta...
they used all tanks, had no ranged ad and they beat us, so we are reporting them for not following meta