Best runes for all junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

isTECHNiQUE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Hey guys, I'm planning on building a rune page for junglers...but unlike many other people I don't have the IP to keep buying new runes/ rune pages. So for now I really want to build a general rune page for all my junglers if thats possible.

The junglers id like to play are cho/olaf/lee sin/ j4/ skarner/ maybe noc/ amumu (sometimes).

What runes do you guys suggest are a must have generally for all junglers?

I currently have an AP and AD rune page which you can check out on my lolking if it matters.

Thanks alot for your help/ suggestions!

P.S. Thanks for all the help on suggestion on getting out of elo hell! At the end of last season I went frm 940 elo to 1400 elo by playing top/mid as suggested.

ADC onIy

01-03-2013

you need mag resistr and armor for sure. the rest are interchangable depending on your jungler. like skarner runes much diff then a mundo/mumu. so unless you build all tank for your junglers you should prolly have 2 or 3 pages

Fate000

01-03-2013

I suggest as a general rule:
> Mark of Armour Penetration
> Seal of Armour
> Glyph or Scaling Magic Resist
> Quintessance of Attack Damage

But it really depends on the jungler. Nocturne and Shyvana would require Attack Speed, and so on...

Flagrock

01-03-2013

I know I run 1 rune page for "junglers" and I have a back-up AP one for those who are ap based. I go flat dmg quints and red flat, armor yellow, and MR per lvl blue for my AD champs. This seems to make your clear good because all AD champs scale with AD and flat armor is extremely helpful in the jungle. The MR per lvl helps for late game and it's twice as good at lvl 18 than flat and most times only mid is AP based.

For AP, I go flat ap quints, AP per lvl red (that could be flat AP I just like the scaling because this is rune page for all my AP champs including supports) flat armor yellow again, and MR per lvl blue. I play many late game champs so I just like my runes geared towards that late game where I really am dominate with champs like Amumu who excel in the late game atmosphere. I might have pretty rough early game but come late game I like that little extra bonuses to be stronger. That's just my style and my two cents on this

anding

01-03-2013

My page for junglers is as follows--flat health quints (for more sustain, especially for champs like shen and lee sin who aren't mana dependent), attack speed marks (if you can clear jungle faster, you can either invade or gank faster than your opponent), flat armor yellow (to reduce damage early game, cuz armor/level, if there is such a rune, would be useless late game), mr/level (jungle camps does physical damage, duh, and you would be building mr, in GA or Abysal Scepter, anyway on most champs towards mid game).
One variation could be flat dmg marks, for kills on ganks but not necessarily the best for red/blue invades

TeknoWizard

01-03-2013

AS Reds: Will help pretty much every single jungler clear a little bit faster. Hard to go wrong with these.

Flat Armor Yellows: Required. Get these first.

Scaling MR Blues: Very nice for mid-late game. Not many other blues would even help a jungler.

MS Quints: Everyone will argue the quints. But movespeed in universal, and will help the whole game on literally every single champion. One of the VERY few runes that helps early game, yet doesn't fall off.